• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting Music Mix

cbrown15105

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2022
Arkansas
I recently got a set of ear pro that also allows for Bluetooth connection for music while also providing hearing protection as the same time. So I’m curious to know if anyone else listens to music at matches and/or if anyone has any playlist they’d be willing to share.

While I’ve never done it shooting by choice (an MD added theme music to a stage 😉), I do know that good music screws my performance when I was into gaming. Perhaps it distracts rather than enhances my performance.

Reactions: BurtG
I like music for the gym, but not for shooting. I shoot benchrest with some guys who have EarPods in. I like to think they’re listening to classical music.

Reactions: obx22
No need for any devices to hear music at the range.

Setting up I can hear the 1812 overture playing in my head.
For some reason it goes well with the background noise from the skeet range.
Leaning in over the scope for the first shot off the bench
the opening riff from Thunderstruck takes over,
and by the time I finish the first box I find myself hearing Riders on the Storm.
The back beat fits the bolt motions and chambering of cartridges.

What? Doesn't everybody? The rhythm is there, you can feel it.
Slows the heart rate down and improves my focus.:cool:

No need for any devices to hear music at the range.

Setting up I can hear the 1812 overture playing in my head.
For some reason it goes well with the background noise from the skeet range.
Leaning in over the scope for the first shot off the bench
the opening riff from Thunderstruck takes over,
and by the time I finish the first box I find myself hearing Riders on the Storm.
The back beat fits the bolt motions and chambering of cartridges.

What? Doesn't everybody? The rhythm is there, you can feel it.
Slows the heart rate down and improves my focus.:cool:
I’ve seen plenty of people at the range who obviously have theme music playing in their head so loud you can about hear it yourself. They usually are wearing tactical clothing festooned with Punisher skulls and moral patches, tacticool glasses, swagger about as they set their gear up on a bench, then stand back and hold court as they survey the firing line of shooters for ones who actually hit what they aim at. After determining whether they have a chance to impress or not, they may decide to actually fire a round, or pack up and leave after strolling the line a few times…..
And like the closing scene of The Road Warrior, I still hear their music now, only in my dreams.
😉

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG and todd
Ride of the valkyries. Anything less and .,. There is no other choice.

That or it's the Benny Hill theme song. Or that stupid bad recorder fail song. Any of those are appropriate for me.

Reactions: todd and obx22
As much as I love music, and I always have music running in the background inside my head, I don't have enough brain cells to process music and all the required mental tasks when on the clock. If I did, I would listen to "Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix)" from the Matrix soundtrack and use it as a timer.

Reactions: iceng

Army of me, by Bjork, for the movie Sucker Punch has that vibe. Solid tempo to time things to. Great movie too.

Some people need music on at all times. I always figured it was to drown out that constant hollow cave/water droplet sound in their head.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m