• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting Ranges in NC

abn_surfer

Vaya con Dios
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2009
    Coastal South-East
    I am getting gearing up to move to Wilmington North Carolina from Oregon. Does anyone know of a range in the Wilmington area where I can shoot at least 500 yards, or better yet 1K?

Thank you for your time.

Coleman’s Creek has some very nice ranges, but it’s a drive for you to up near Rockingham. Might be too far. I’ll be joining down there after June, when my uspsa slows down. There is also Woodys hunt club near Sanford , but that will be a drive also. I live in Charlotte, so I’m more familiar with the stuff on this end of the state. Maybe some of the low country boys will chime in.

Coleman’s Creek has some very nice ranges, but it’s a drive for you to up near Rockingham. Might be too far. I’ll be joining down there after June, when my uspsa slows down. There is also Woodys hunt club near Sanford , but that will be a drive also. I live in Charlotte, so I’m more familiar with the stuff on this end of the state. Maybe some of the low country boys will chime in.
    I too live in 704 area. Are there any good spots around here? I've heard of a few private clubs

The only stuff around here is to make friends with a local farmer or rancher. Charlotte Rifle and Pistol which is south of Charlotte has 300 yds, but they have so many freaking rules, and are wound up pretty tight. I won’t even bother to go there. Was told my JP AR trigger was unsafe (about 3.5 lbs) because it was below NRA high power standards, and wouldn’t let me shoot it. PHA which is just a little past Salisbury is a great club, but they only have 200 yards. They have purchased more land so hopefully they will stretch out some more distance. Coleman Creek has ranges from 100 to 1100, and they also have a 1 mile range. It is expensive to join, but they have a lot to offer. I’m a member at PHA, but will also be joining CC in a couple months.

The only stuff around here is to make friends with a local farmer or rancher. Charlotte Rifle and Pistol which is south of Charlotte has 300 yds, but they have so many freaking rules, and are wound up pretty tight. I won’t even bother to go there. Was told my JP AR trigger was unsafe (about 3.5 lbs) because it was below NRA high power standards, and wouldn’t let me shoot it. PHA which is just a little past Salisbury is a great club, but they only have 200 yards. They have purchased more land so hopefully they will stretch out some more distance. Coleman Creek has ranges from 100 to 1100, and they also have a 1 mile range. It is expensive to join, but they have a lot to offer. I’m a member at PHA, but will also be joining CC in a couple months.
    How the fuck did they find that out?

About 2.5 hours north is frontline defense usa. Steel targets out to 1k for members. Open to public on weekends, members only weekdays

SO, what this is looking like is plan on making a road trip to shoot. I was hoping that Camp Lejune or Fort Bragg would have a range for veterans. Well since the situation is not looking favorable to shooting multiple days per week, at least I can surf daily, anyone got a wave report?

Thanks for the info.

I’m a member at Woodys outside Sanford. He has a 550 now and should have the 1k finished by mid-late summer.

At CRP, if you broke out an AR, the daily RO would come over and hang weights on the trigger to test it before they would let you shoot it. The goober working that day was literally “lightly” dropping them on mine trying to get it drop. He didn’t like the fact that I had a custom rifle. They are dangerous you know. Bunch of fucktards there. I’ll never go back.

• Sad
    Reactions: Maggot
    I was a member at Woody's for several years and got tired of waiting for the 1000 yard range to be done after being told it would be in "next year" when I joined. I went back to shooting cow pastures. Good to hear he is finally getting around to it. Woody is a good fella and the range is a nice place to shoot without asswipes getting in your business.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
    Happy to hear a hide member is moving here, lots of liberals here these days. wblivesurf.com for surf report / surfchex.com for live cams.

I live around Bragg Area. And shot at a lot of places. Let me see if I can give a run down of some. I’ve shot at

Clear Run Sports - Harrells NC
    This would be the closest to you. Tony Cowden owns this place and last I knew he was constantly improving it.

Coleman’s Creek - Elerbe NC
    This is my favorite place. Very well laid out lots of ranges and can actually shoot far. Expensive but worth it.

Frontline Defense - Warrenton, NC
    I’ve shot competitions here and is also a very well kept range. Paul Smith owns this place and is a good guy. Been a minute since I’ve been there with COVID and deployments, but rmemebr

PSR37 - Bunnlevel, NC
    Been several years since I shot there. You’d have to look up their details as I haven’t been there for 7 years.

the Range Complex- Autryville, NC
    I shot a couple courses here which is why I went back to shoot myself, but was very expensive range time. I haven’t been there in several years so things may have changed.

Moore County wildlife conservation club- Carthage, NC
    Typical country/small run range. Only 100 meters and have weird rules. Very Affordable

I have no clue if any are accepting new members. My favorite hands down in Coleman’s Creek and then Frontline. Hope this helps fellow North Cakalakians

Reactions: camocorvette
    North Carolina hates gun owners. Easier to buy handguns in California. Wilmington is nice though.