• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting rest and bipod height

rockn30809

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
GA
What bags are perfered and what is a good bipod height? Or is there a way to measure for correct height? I shot my rifle for the first time Wednesday and had a hard time getting comfortable. Seemed my bipod was too high and my bags are too short. The shooting bench height may have played in the equation also. I'm using a hs precision 5r stock.

Re: Shooting rest and bipod height

Correct height? there is no correct height. Personal preference, we are all built differently.

if your gonna do a lot of shooting from a bench only look at a hart style adjustable rest. but it is really your pref. , set up the rifle to where your comfy than measure the height and compare it with bipods and packs and stuff. uncle buds bull bag might be something to look at

When I shoot from the bench (6-9" bipods) my rear bag is about 2" low, so I just put an length of 2x6 underneith the bag.

Problem solved.