• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting RH gun LH

Iloveguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2010
Arizona
So I shoot LH but cannot find anything in the used market for LH guns I want. Found plenty of RH. So my question is this. IF I buy a RH gun is it possible to switch my shooting style or will I always have a hard time shooting it RH. When I was growing up my savage .243 was RH and I shot it left handed but I know you want to keep everything fixed on the target when you reload the next round. Any Ideas would be good. I found an almost perfect gun in my price range. Only thing not perfect is that it is RH. Please be kind!!

Re: Shooting RH gun LH

I know a lot of guys that shoot right handed guns left handed. They are actually faster at rapid bolt at sniper school because you don't have to take your hand off the pistol grip and it seemed a little easier for them to reload also because they did not have to reach around the side of the gun.

I'm a south paw and have been competing in various shooting disciplines since I was in my single digit years. I don't want a left handed gun! Competition or hunting...

For the reasons Chucky said. The only trouble I ever have came across is fancy dancy comb-over stocks, and or tactical stocks with adjustable cheek pieces having adjustment screw heads sticking out where my cheek needs to be. The only other thing is target pistols that have a thumb shelf, where my palm needs to be.

I'd just be all screwed up if I was handed a left handed weapon.
Just make sure the Rh weapon you buy is left handed user friendly and keep shooting LH and never look back.
my 2 cents!

Thanks guys I'm super stoked about getting this stick and was hoping it would work out and glad to hear that it can!

I shoot RH guns as a lefty and do not find any issues with it, actually prefer it, had both a LH and RH Rem 700, sold the LH gun as I liked the RH better for supported positions. You just need to work on a method for unsupported shooting, especially offhand.

It's my opinion that all right handed gun's and optics for that matter are setup for the left handed shooters..

Think about it, You have the bolt knob right where you need it, as well as the windage knob so you don't have to reach over the gun, or break position with your grip hand..

Some of us right handed shooters are jealous.. thinking I should buy a left handed gun... If I could just get someone to put the windage knob on the left, I'd be set...

Just my .02...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a lot of guys that shoot right handed guns left handed. They are actually faster at rapid bolt at sniper school because you don't have to take your hand off the pistol grip and it seemed a little easier for them to reload also because they did not have to reach around the side of the gun. </div></div>

+1

I'm southpaw and bought a LH bolt gun because I found a great deal on one that was not moving because it was LH. Other than that, I prefer RH for the reasons stated above. The only dedicated lefthand guns I need are my Stag Arms AR-15 LH and my Benelli Montefeltro Lefty 12gauge. In both cases, the semi auto ejects "the other way", keeping shells out of my line of sight.

I'm a RH shooter with a LH gun... For supported work it's much faster to manipulate the bolt and load the rifle than on my RH gun. As for offhand I rotate the rifle so I can cycle the bolt with my right hand, I'm almost as fast at OH bolt work/loading of the rifle as when I shoot my RH guns. Just takes some practice and then you'll feel awkward after you go back to manipulating the bolt with your trigger hand.

I was a RH shooter and had to switch to LH due to a work injury. I had Robar build a custom LH rig(my first). I did end up selling it and took a bath. From then on I have had RH builds. I just got my third one. (APA) Anyway, Get the RH you will not be disappointed.

Alex

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Sent the check in the mail today should get it with in 2-3 weeks if all goes well!!! Super stoked that it will be perfect if not better then a LH action!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iloveguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the positive feedback. Sent the check in the mail today should get it with in 2-3 weeks if all goes well!!! Super stoked that it will be perfect if not better then a LH action! </div></div>

Congrats. Keep everyone posted.