• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Shooting Sticks - who makes these?

RobbW

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Shooting Sticks - who makes these? And how are they in the field?
Better kneeling, standing, pluses minuses?

better with the cradle piece or straight sticks? Do these have a rubber strap over top?

thanks for the opinions

Robb

23B45954-6062-420F-942C-580272931BD5.jpeg

Bog pod. They have a little rubber band that you can put over the rifle in the ‘cradle’. I think you can see it in the picture you posted. I was considering these, but went a different route.

Bog Pod Camo

i use the primos trigger stick tripod for coyote hunting. They make monopods and bipods too.

Its pretty handy and adapts to terrain on the fly. Also, you can use it as a tripod or a bipod. This video does a decent job explaining the benefits.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobbW
I bought a bog monopod this year, really like it and it helps. For some reason my rifles get heavier every year, must be to much gun oil.

Yeah I thought it looked like the perfect ghillie suit for the colorado plains... so if anyone knows who makes those, that would also be helpful. I sent a request in that to Christensen arms...

Thanks

Robb

you can easily make a set of shooting sticks with wooden dowels or old broom handles etc measure down from top 4"drill single hole through both sticks add bolt washer and wing nut .this allows you to open them to whatever height you want .the farther you spread them the lower they go .wrap the tops in mole skin or duct tape .you can add nails to bottom grind off the heads and now you have spikes to grip the ground . found these directions years ago on varmint AL's page .i just checked if you do a google search it shows up i can post the link but not sure its allowed

I got a response back from Christensen Arms where the Ghillie suit was used in their ads...

“Thank you for reaching out to us here at Christensen arms. We appreciate your interest in our firearms. It is a custom made suit, made by the shooter's wife. There are a lot of great suits out there, very similar to this one.”

Robb

I’ve got a set and they work great for the hunting I do which sitting in a turkey chair on a hillside. The pair I have is too short for standing but very effective kneeling and sitting.

Attachments

• 6CFC4394-2BD0-4FFD-85D1-7EB2A9201DC1.jpeg
    6CFC4394-2BD0-4FFD-85D1-7EB2A9201DC1.jpeg
    685.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited: