• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shooting sticks

Re: shooting sticks

You could google "underwood rest", or go to shootingsticks.com I think it is.

Have not used the longest one so I can't comment on it.

Also, see the later thread about shooting sticks.

I'm playing with these from Bass Pro Shop. I think I'll be taking them to Africa in August. The more I use them the more I like them.

A simple squeeze of the "trigger" and the legs extend out to the ground. If you're in rough ground, one squeeze and all three legs will go to what ever stops them no matter if one leg goes all the way to the ground and the other two stop on rocks, or whatever.

I paid $89.00 at the store.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...5005000_425-5-4

Edited to add:

At the same time I also bought the bipod version to see which one I'd prefer. Without a doubt the tripod version is WAY steadier than the bipod model, I knew it would be. Of course the tripod takes a little more time to get into position, but I feel like the added stability far outweighs the small amount of extra time needed to get it into position. This will mainly be used by my daughter and I feel like the extra stability of the tripod will make her experience much better than the bipod version.

anything with a twist lock on the leg will fail......its junk trust me.....utter garbage

savvy the levelok...i've used 'em for years at have had 500yd standing hits, in the wind

http://levellok.com/

Good info, been wondering about these. Buddy had some Stoneypoints that seemed to work OK, but I wondered what else was out there.

I had the two leg pole cat I could not hold still enough for my yote hunting. I got the add on third leg w/ the stock support and that works for me. I like the way the bog-pod top swivels where the stoney point doesn't. If you don't plan on shooting past 100 yards, two legs might be enough. On the africa shows on tv, they usually use a three leg system.

We just walked in the door from about a hour and a half walk with the Triggerstick, practicing different positions in a field situation. We like it more every time we play with it.

Stoneypoints look good too. I'm looking for a light setup when backpacking. The Stoneypoints Crusader would fit the bill I think