• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting Tripod Set Up

Hostile Natured

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Australia
There are plenty of tripod threads, all with no photos.

Lets see some photos of tripods, heads and saddles.

(And to stop the need to ask "what is that?" please add names of equipment shown.)

Below: Manfrotto 055CX3 and Hog Saddle.

Waiting on Manfrotto 055 ball head, will post more photos when it arrives.

Last edited:
How about this?

I drilled and tapped the stock so I could install a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter in the stock. This allows me to mount the stock directly to the quick release. Just an idea I had. We will see how well it works.

I use the PRS cradles with good success. I don;t know how to post pics but their site should have em.

I shot a 1 MOA group today at 500 yds with mine. I have shot bad at times too, I found practicing really helps more when you get off the ground but now I feel pretty good with the PRS.

I looked into the hog saddle but wasn't sure about a clamp on style. I thougt the PRS was a better first choice to see if it worked, if it didn;t I would move on to a clamp on style. It ended up working great for me so I never moved on but would like to try the HS out. I had in my mind that when it recoiled the rifle would move the tripod and you would be way of target for spot or second shot, I might be way wrong. The Larue mount would be the same but again, I may be wrong. The PRS allows the rifle to slide in it. I hope "lock on" guys will chime in with their likes/dislikes.

Good luck

I had the Larue LT-666 on a Monfrotto 190 carbon fiber tripod and RC322 grip ball head. Couldn't get it far enough back to balance (notice the 5 lb weight hanging on the barrel to balance. AIAX .308 in picture.

I will get picks of my hog saddle up tonight on the same tripod. Works MUCH better and I can run 1 MOA out to 600 yards so far. I do lock the sling through the legs and back to my belt to steady things.

Here are the hog saddle pics.

Last edited: