• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting until catastrophic failure - KAC SR-15

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
DISCLAIMER

I stumbled across this youtube channel a while ago and I started watching it. The guy raises money with his Patreon, he buys an upper with his proceeds and then mates it to a full auto lower. He dresses up in a lot of body armor and starts mag dumping until there is a failure. His most recent video that I watched last night is his test of the SR-15. I am not shitting on KAC. He shoots every single upper until there is failure. Some of you may have a different opinion but as best I can tell, heavy profile barrels last longer than thinner and piston rifles (short and long stroke) tend to last longer at this test then internal piston.

KAC SR-15 has a melt down

DISCLAIMER

I stumbled across this youtube channel a while ago and I started watching it. The guy raises money with his Patreon, he buys an upper with his proceeds and then mates it to a full auto lower. He dresses up in a lot of body armor and starts mag dumping until there is a failure. His most recent video that I watched last night is his test of the SR-15. I am not shitting on KAC. He shoots every single upper until there is failure. Some of you may have a different opinion but as best I can tell, heavy profile barrels last longer than thinner and piston rifles (short and long stroke) tend to last longer at this test then internal piston.

KAC SR-15 has a melt down

Government profile barrels pretty much always fail at the same place. The SR15 outcome was predictable. I think his Spear LT video was the most interesting.

I love how disappointed he sounds...and how some will be disappointed by the "results". :ROFLMAO:

Predictable and pointless...

Isnt it always the gas tube that bursts? Idk why anyone does these they dont prove anything.

What does it prove?.... that you can smoke a barrel with about 2.6-3x a basic load? Kinda like blowing an engine by throwing a brick on the accelerator to see how long it lasts in the red.

Some of these tubes in normal firing schedules getting warm and hot will do 20-25k like nothing and pushing into 30-40k depending on acceptable accuracy requirements. But to quote a famous AR guy "you can smoke one in under 700 if you're determined". Yep...for sure.

What does it prove?.... that you can smoke a barrel with about 2.6-3x a basic load? Kinda like blowing an engine by throwing a brick on the accelerator to see how long it lasts in the red. But to quote a famous AR guy "you can smoke one in under 700 if you're determined". Yep...for sure.
Yup. Didn't watch the video but my first thought is that there are plenty of perfectly serviceable cars doing hundreds of thousands of miles that wouldn't make it halfway through a 24hr endurance race. Does that make them bad cars? Absolutely not. You can only push things so hard.
Conversely, most of the cars that can survive an endurance race are totally worthless on the street. Everything is designed with operational window biases built in. No one would want to carry an AR built to work like a heavy machine gun, because it'd be a lot like a heavy machine gun.

Yup. Didn't watch the video but my first thought is that there are plenty of perfectly serviceable cars doing hundreds of thousands of miles that wouldn't make it halfway through a 24hr endurance race. Does that make them bad cars? Absolutely not. You can only push things so hard.
Conversely, most of the cars that can survive an endurance race are totally worthless on the street. Everything is designed with operational window biases built in. No one would want to carry an AR built to work like a heavy machine gun, because it'd be a lot like a heavy machine gun.
Allow me to introduce you to the USMC and the M27

Its a cut rifled barrel. Its an accurate rifle that works better than hammer forged, but the only thing hammer forged can do better is this test- hip fired full auto till the gun blows up.

😂😂😂

You should just stick to sexually harassing gun bunnies on IG.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.png
    IMG_0424.png
    614.2 KB · Views: 118
The guy in the video is also a known scalper that was kicked from all the Kac groups etc. Threw an absolute temper tantrum because he bought some uppers to scalp and they didn’t come with the new chrome bolt.

I find these kinds of videos to be quite retarded. Like the idiot who was throwing pistols against a steel plate then complaining they wouldn't function, or dunking in water and freezing.

Its clickbait faggot bullshit designed to attract the attention of low IQ retards who don't know fuck from shit.

Now if you really want to get into the meat, the fact that the gas tube did not blow out and fail like every other AR, just shows you how well designed and engineed these rifles are. They have essentially removed the weak links in many of the areas of the AR platform (bolt lugs, gas system, ect) to where the actual failure is the barrel. This is a GOOD thing and shows you how much thought and R&D went into it.

I find these kinds of videos to be quite retarded. Like the idiot who was throwing pistols against a steel plate then complaining they wouldn't function, or dunking in water and freezing.

Its clickbait faggot bullshit designed to attract the attention of low IQ retards who don't know fuck from shit.

Now if you really want to get into the meat, the fact that the gas tube did not blow out and fail like every other AR, just shows you how well designed and engineering these rifles are. They have essentially removed the weak links in many of the areas of the AR platform (bolt lugs, gas system, ect) to where the actual failure is the barrel. This is a GOOD thing and shows you how much thought and R&D went into it.
aero barrel went as well and they have the standard gas system so your point is is not really on target for this sample size.

that said, the gas tube is the area of design that is still lacking after all these years

just want to point out to the kac fanbois that the aero lasted more rounds

lol
Nuance matters.

Aero like most guns are over gassed as pissed, so you are removing more heat and gas from the barrel VS a SR15 which has more restrictive gas system to not only work with their cans, but shoot softer.

Also the barrel profile matters, as well as the type of material. Can't cheat physics. Don't let facts get in the way of your low IQ rant.

You seem like their typical viewer. Dunning–Kruger

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
Nuance matters.

Aero like most guns are over gassed as pissed, so you are removing more heat and gas from the barrel VS a SR15 which has more restrictive gas system to not only work with their cans, but shoot softer.

Also the barrel profile matters, as well as the type of material. Can't cheat physics. Don't let facts get in the way of your low IQ rant.

You seem like their typical viewer. Dunning–Kruger
lol just stop reading is fundamental

I already said barrel profile matters if you read on before the knee jerk regurgitation of you trying to be the smartest guy in the room. simply put, the kac gas system means nothing here in this instance.

now it's cans and soft shooting. you're a dolt, always have been
sleep at night kid

Got it.

So anyone that carries 20+ mags and may need to dump them all within 60 seconds shouldn’t buy a KAC.

Now I know.

Exactly. Even in mil applications you’re not carrying that much ammo with you and if you’ve got the support to have that many spare mags there’s probably a beltfed or few around too.

Exactly. Even in mil applications you’re not carrying that much ammo with you and if you’ve got the support to have that many spare mags there’s probably a beltfed or few around too.

I shudder to think of what people would do if they found out there are even varying tiers of LMG robustness if they can’t process that an lmg load out will destroy a light weight carbine.

Now let’s shift gears on the “that’s totally not what it’s for” and see how the KAC, DD, Aero fare out at KO2M.
(Spoiler alert: they will suck at that too)

I shudder to think of what people would do if they found out there are even varying tiers of LMG robustness if they can’t process that an lmg load out will destroy a light weight carbine.

Now let’s shift gears on the “that’s totally not what it’s for” and see how the KAC, DD, Aero fare out at KO2M.
(Spoiler alert: they will suck at that too)

The real question is how many tinfoilists were so distraught they couldn’t go to work today after learning that there wet dreams of burning through cases of ammo with their KAC’s and binary triggers in their end of the world scenario will never play out now.

I've never understood the point of these videos except as curiosity for how long a non-beltfed could go before failure.

The sad thing is, retards put some kind of stock into these videos like they mean something. I even saw retards saying DD must be going down in quality after their rifle blew up at 600 or so rounds when the barrel drooped.

Barrel profile matters when you're pushing that much heat into the barrel.
I agree.

I didn't pay too much attention to the profiles of either. I think a lot of people forget that this stuff only works best once, because if you beat on the barrels they temper back, and aren't as strong anymore. So it's better not to beat on the barrels. One of these reports suggests a guy ran 270 rounds, 30 minute break, 240 rounds, 30 minute break, and then his barrel blew up on a third magazine. If that's an accurate report, that means the barrel was really damaged by getting it very hot twice and tempering it back.

On the first run the Army M4A1 barrel went to 596 rounds and failed.

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA317929.pdf

Reactions: RUTGERS95
i was a little disappointed even though the outcome with that profile of barrel was predictable.