• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action AICS DBM for Win M-70

LRJammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2011
Southwest US
Does anyone know of an available DBM system for a short action Winchester M-70 that uses AICS Magazines?

I used to have a CDI on another rifle a while back and it appears that they are out of business. I have one of the PTG wide mouth units that use the 5 round Gen I, AE magazines but really want something that uses the AICS mags for an upcoming project.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CDI closed as their owner Jeff passed suddenly.

Not sure and always worth contacting Mr Dixon @LongRifles Inc.

He loves the M70 and doesnt do too bad of work for a guy who holds stuff with his toes while he Dremels the shit out of it.
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: LRI
This is the other PT&G bottom metal for Model 70/FN that uses common AICS Mags.

I bought one of these recently to see how it fit in my FN SPR-A5 - bottom metal dropped right in, but the front screw wasn't long enough.
AICS mags (accurate mag brand and American rifle Co brand) fed fine.

This one uses the special (old single stack) AI mags....

To my knowledge this in no one producing a narrow front (where the front screw is) bottom metal for AICS mags presently. CDI was the only one.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: LRJammer
Any resolution? I’m building my wife a M70 in 308 win and left the 2 piece bottom metal/magazine parts at a friend’s when he moved.
He was the smith that taught me to chamber and blueprint actions, hence why I had parts at his place. I’d rather change over to a 1 piece and the internal magazine boxes for the push feed actions are scarce.

@LongRifles Inc.

Any thoughts on M70 DBM?

I mean, dont make a dude take a chance on PTG…..

Lol. I've had these for quite a while, but I keep brain-fading about getting them up on the store.

This is the rifle that started the project. I took a LA magazine from AI, whacked the bottom off, and soldered a steel plate so that it presents like a hinged floor plate. I debated on offering this as a std package, but the cost of having mag frames made for this was going to put the price in the "absurdosphere."

I was adament about avoiding the typical block of material the loiters in front of the trigger guard for the release lever. Instead, I went with a traditional Obendorf lever that drives a link that runs in a T slot. The link slides to/from the magazine louver on the back to retain/release the magazine from the box.

The magazine photo:

I agree; it looks a bit weird. This rifle is a low-digit clover tang. I was not about to cut it up for the sake of a magazine. Instead, I put the front of the mag box on a diet so that it'd clear the start of the magazine mortise in the receiver. It was the lesser of two sins this way.

I've got LA stuff on the shelf. Someday I'll do a SA for the F/N SPR, but it'll be awhile.

I'd love to say I'll get them on the store, but I know that won't happen today.

C.

1673470115729.png

Attachments

• 1673469725860.png
    1673469725860.png
    878.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1673469755813.png
    1673469755813.png
    494.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 1673469789656.png
    1673469789656.png
    735 KB · Views: 66
  • 1673470621247.png
    1673470621247.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • 1673470645683.png
    1673470645683.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 1673470662258.png
    1673470662258.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • 1673470678288.png
    1673470678288.png
    2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Lol. I've had these for quite a while, but I keep brain-fading about getting them up on the store.

This is the rifle that started the project. I took a LA magazine from AI, whacked the bottom off, and soldered a steel plate so that it presents like a hinged floor plate. I debated on offering this as a std package, but the cost of having mag frames made for this was going to put the price in the "absurdosphere."

I was adament about avoiding the typical block of material the loiters in front of the trigger guard for the release lever. Instead, I went with a traditional Obendorf lever that drives a link that runs in a T slot. The link slides to/from the magazine louver on the back to retain/release the magazine from the box.

The magazine photo:

I agree; it looks a bit weird. This rifle is a low-digit clover tang. I was not about to cut it up for the sake of a magazine. Instead, I put the front of the mag box on a diet so that it'd clear the start of the magazine mortise in the receiver. It was the lesser of two sins this way.

I've got LA stuff on the shelf. Someday I'll do a SA for the F/N SPR, but it'll be awhile.

I'd love to say I'll get them on the store, but I know that won't happen today.

C.

View attachment 8044630
That’s some amazing work. I hadn’t seen your website before and now it’s bookmarked. That optic mount system is beautiful.
I won’t hold my breath for you to make the SA model, but I’m saving up for a quality stock, scope, and trigger. So I have awhile. Especially since I just separated from the Air Force and haven’t been hired somewhere else yet 😂

That’s some amazing work. I hadn’t seen your website before and now it’s bookmarked. That optic mount system is beautiful.
I won’t hold my breath for you to make the SA model, but I’m saving up for a quality stock, scope, and trigger. So I have awhile. Especially since I just separated from the Air Force and haven’t been hired somewhere else yet 😂

If I had an F/N SPR it'd be done already. They used to give them things away for less than 500 sheckels ten years ago. A little more work to find one now.

It's on my list of shit I want but don't need...

If I had an F/N SPR it'd be done already. They used to give them things away for less than 500 sheckels ten years ago. A little more work to find one now.

It's on my list of shit I want but don't need...

well I'm not looking to sell my action, but I'm certainly ok sending you a box of stuff to be your development test mule for this AICS project.

SPR action w/ 308 bolt face. McMillan A3-5 adj (or A5 adj) in hand, I just don't have a barrel today but I'm sure we could figure it out...

Tim

Reactions: moosemeat