• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action Customs 260

Joeyhotfizzle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2008
Florida
I'm sure <span style="color: #FF9900">Mark at SAC</span> doesn't need this plug but he did an awesome job with this rifle.

Surgeon 591
24" Bartlein medium palma
Manners MCS-T with the mini chassis

IMG_3473a.jpg

IMG_3472a.jpg

IMG_3469a.jpg

IMG_3467a.jpg

The rifle shoots as good as it looks. My load is 43.3 grains of H4350 in Lapua brass using Federal Match primer and 139 Scenars. This load hovers around half MOA up to 200 yards, and that's good enough for me. This rifle is boringly accurate at 565 and 600 yards against my buddies 1/2 size IPSC steel targets (and a couple of 3/8 size IPSC targets I believe).

Also thanks to <span style="color: #FF9900">Scott at Liberty Optics</span> for the HDMR. The one mounted has a mildot reticle and I'm very impressed with the scope. I'm getting rid of it because I just bought one with a G2 reticle. Ha!

Re: Short Action Customs 260

I'm so happy I'm building a .260. Yours, sir, is one outstanding build. Congratulations!!!!

And the HDMR seems to be right at home sitting on top of that Surgeon.

Man that thing looks amazing, but thats not a surprise. You will enjoy it!

If you ever wanna let that thing go, I got dibs.

I see your SAC and raise you another.
grin.gif

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

Oh.. and you mean these targets that we beat up?

IMG_1190.jpg

Nice .260 brudda.... sweet shooter too!

Thanks Papagallos. You won't be disappointed with the 260 that's for sure.

Sorry Pusher this right here is a keeper. Appreciate the offer though
wink.gif

Oh! There's that 308 beast that shoots freight trains! We need to get a photo op of these two together. I wish I can smash some steel with you tomorrow but work is being needy. I hope I can make it out next Sunday because I need windage practice. Manatee is bitch when it's windy.

Awesome build! thanks for sharing with picks and details, it's always nice to appreciate someone's hard work like this!

What kind for velocity are you seeing out of the 24"? What twist is it?

I'm having a 260 built with a krieger 1:8 med palma and i am thinking 24" but don't want to lose to much velocity over a 26"

Appreciate the kind word guys.

Scott, no worries brother. Thanks for your great customer service.

Tiger, looking at my dope from last time it took me 3.4 mils to 600 yards from my 100 yard zero. I don't have a chrono but using a ballistic app on my phone it shows 2900 fps (using G7), which is a little high I think. I need to confirm this next time.

Sweet rifle!!

Mark is awesome. He just helped me out with a build that Mike Bush is doing for me! Super support from the community of builders here.

+++ on the stick and lets see some range intel on this thing!

Mark did this .260 and since you mentioned Scott at Liberty Optics, I got the IOR scope from him. Congrats on a nice rifle, Mark builds a nice stick.

IMG_0033-1.jpg

Thanks guys.

Sr15, sorry brother I really didn't keep my target when I was developing my loads and I haven't shot for groups then. Shooting steel and clay pigeons are more amusing to me.

Shooter that's a good looking SAC. I'm sure it's a shooter also.