• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action Customs (SAC) + Big Horn + AICS + Bartlein + Timney = BAD ASS .260!!!!

ogonzalez13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Laredo, Texas
Hiders,

Many of you know that I have some of the worst rifle addiction known to man kind. A BIG reason for my addiction is my quest to reach perfection.
I have shot and owned many of the top builders rifles as well as most of the "High End" factory production rifles. I have mainly stuck to short action calibers in the flavor of .308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Remington, Etc...

Well, I think I have finally gotten as close to perfection as is possible, at least in my personal opinion.

I just received this rifle a few days ago from Mark Gordon and crew at Short Action Customs (SAC), and it looks, feels and shoots great!! The rifle balances very nice and is very comfortable to shoot. The fit and finish are phenomenal and I really could not be more pleased on how this rifle turned out.

SPECS.

*.260 Remington
*Big Horn TL2-SA, Tactical Knob, 20 MOA Scope Rail, Integral Lug, AW Magazine Well.
*Bartlein Cut Rifled, 5R Barrel, 6.5, 1-8 Twist, Heavy Palma Contour, Finished at 26", Threaded 5/8X24, topped off with an APA Little Bastard Brake.
*Metal Components finished in Patriot Brown Cerakote with Black accents.
*AICS 2.0 Folder Chassis with new style skins, finished in Custom Gun Coatings 4 Color SAC FLECTAR
*Accu-Shot Atlas Bipod with AI Spigot
*Timney 510 Trigger set to 2.75 Lbs.

IMG_0839_zpsd4bc921d.jpg

IMG_0840_zps16ed2cfd.jpg

IMG_0844_zps248891bb.jpg

IMG_0843_zps8efb7a32.jpg

IMG_0845_zpsd6fc04e5.jpg

100 YARDS, 5 Shot Group!!
IMG_0846_zpsbf1a72d5.jpg

Last edited:
Hiders,

100 YARDS, 5 Shot Group!!
IMG_0846_zpsbf1a72d5.jpg

I shot this rifle yesterday, and it is badass!!!!!! I believe the 5 shot group w/the flyer should measure .448". Not that it matters, though.

Of the many rifles that OG13 has owned, I'd have to say that this one is aesthetically awesome. SAC did not overlook any detail.

Maybe OG13 is going to whoop my ass with this one. Maybe. :D

Last edited:
Beautiful! Mark is almost done with my TF1 build. After seeing this gun when it was just parts I chose to go 4 color flec on mine with Melonited metal. This rifle is one of the best looking guns he's ever produced.

I shot this rifle yesterday, and it is badass!!!!!! I believe the 5 shot group w/the flyer should measure .448". Not that it matters, though.

Of the many rifles that OG13 has owned, I'd have to say that this one is aesthetically awesome. SAC did not overlook any detail.

Maybe OG13 is going to whoop my ass with this one. Maybe. :D

Haha! I was just gonna say....that looks an awful lot like Papagallos' photo shoot location...

That rifle looks bitchin! I love my AICS...

mark just built me one too the worst group mine shot was in the .7 with test loads 142 smk average groups now are .353. with 42gr of 4350 it shoots in the high .1's and low .2s all day. i ended up going with a faster load that shoots in the .3 consistently.

I have almost the same identical build but in 308 put together by Phoenix Custom Rifle. My barrel is 20"(no brake) and a Harris bipod. I also changed the AICS skins for some Viperskins. Its an awesome build no doubt, the BigHorn action has become my favorite action by far. As much as I like the AICS chassis, I'll be switching this over to a KRG W3 Gen 4 chassis as soon as I get it from KRG.

2vkz5oy.jpg

2w20z8h.jpg