• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action Customs

1911pimp

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2011
Central Ohio
I had the pleasure of meeting Mark of S.A.C. today if any of you are looking a Smith, I would not wait, but run to Mark. I have been a LEO for ten years and have had several custom guns build, I'm hear to tell you that I have not meet many Smiths with the level of passion for there work and attention to detail as Mark. I look forward to doing more business with Mark.

Re: Short Action Customs

He has never turned me down when I dream up a new project and he even volunteered in assisting me with a muzzle brake issue I was having after reading one of my thread posts. I will forever be a fan of Mark and his work.

I love his bolt knob conversions. Everything lines up seamless, and it looks fantastic.

Marks attention to detail is phenominal. I will use him for any smithing needs on my guns, and reccomend him to anyone looking for a good smith.

Another bump for Mark, just received my bolt back with the Badger bolt knob conversion. Great work and very quick turn around. He will get my business again.

I have been discussing a build with him, so this is excellent to hear.

He completed a bolt knob conversion on my Win Mod 70, excellent work and great customer service.

I just got a full build back from Mark and its shooting great. Great guy to work and talk with. The only downside is there is only one of him so if he's doing bolt knobs he's not working on my next build. LOL.

Mark is a hell of a rifle smith and a really nice guy. He has done 3 projects for me now and they are all top notch. He did a full custom build in 338LM for me and its one of the best shooting rifles I own.

He is always there to help you out.

Mark came to my rescue this past winter by rebuilding a rifle of mine that had been BUTCHERED by a local gunsmith. (fairbanks area) He managed to save me some money as he was able to salvage the practically (I'd put about 100 rounds through it) brand new Brux barrel that I'd purchased for the build originally. I won't go through everything he did to it, but the rifle I got back doesn't even resemble what I shipped down to him. He did an amazing job and I will be sending him my primary hunting rifle soon for a complete rebuild. I HIGHLY recommend Mark and SAC.

Thanks for the help Mark.

I can't say enough good things about SAC. Mark does some <span style="font-weight: bold">AWESOME</span> work and is an excellent communicator.

Wait a second...actually he's really a hack. If I were all of you I would send your work to someone else.
grin.gif

There, maybe I can get my next SAC rifle faster.

Mark H.

I'm going to get in on the SAC love.... I had Mark do one of his "SPS Tactical packages" which included an action truing, chamber set back, barrel thread for a Badger FTE brake and a bolt knob conversion. The rifle was a decent shooter before, but it is an absolute hammer now with the original Rem factory barrel.

Excellent work and he was always very good at keeping up on the communication.

I have 223 build in with Mark right now and I really looking forward to getting it back and playing with it. I have talked to Mark several times and I have found him to be a real gentleman and enthusiastic about building works of art. I have and will continue to provide his name to friends looking for a builder.

You should see his new custom actions, I was in his shop getting the low down on my build and he had them sitting out. Very impressive, so impressive I asked him to put one on my new build. I cant wait to get it back and shoot it. His work seems to be top notch and he is very passionate about what he does.

I agree Marks actions are the New Standard in the bolt action arena. The action glides like it was on bearings. When I build My next rifle it will be on that action.

I recently sent a MK12 upper down to him to have it re-worked. Mark seems like a really good guy.

He also just threaded a barrel and installed a bolt knob on my buddy's Howa, and he did an awesome job. Very clean work...