• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short and Quiet 260 build

was21

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2004
Mesa AZ USA Earth
Here's what I've been wanting to build for several years as my
"do-all" stick.
Surgeon
Obermeyer 20"/ 8.4 twist / Rem Varmint contour
McM A3
Set up for my QD YHM Phantom Ti suppressor.....waiting for p'work!

Scott Medesha did the chambering and barrel work , I still have to bed it in but it looks like she wants to shoot. Pic is of the first 5 rounds downrange.

The Doctor is in !

Surgeon260r.jpg

1st5surgeongroup.jpg

Re: Short and Quiet 260 build

Very nice, would be interested to know what bullet used, and velocities you are getting.

Neat rig!!

Yes indeed, an excellent and handy rig. More details please....

Just getting started on the loads for it.
The load in the pic was some Sierra 100 hp's [1710's IIRC]w/40 gr Varget that I just threw together for breaking in purposes...looks like a keeper as it is holding less than 1/2 min to 300 so far.

123 Scenar loads w/ H4350 are also showing the same results.Got some 139 scenars ready to go next.

Haven't had a chance to chrony yet....hope to get out this weekend and get #'s out to 1200 if I can get the electrical gremlin exorcised out of the truck !!

Additional build info....
Badger alloy stuff
Temporarily [?] has a Leupy 2.5-8 MRT w/ mildots
Goes 10.5 [IIRC] all up

Balance is great for me.

sweet rig, good to know the 260 really shoots well as i have one being built right now.
congrats and good shooting

Very nice. Makes me wonder if I want to go heavy and long with my future 260 rebuild or follow your path.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyrodder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. Makes me wonder if I want to go heavy and long with my future 260 rebuild or follow your path. </div></div>

I don't like people following me ! HA!!

Been down the 'heavy and long' path.... there is a place for it.... but been on the 'leaner / lighter' path for a longer time and liking it better !

...and NO , age has nothing to do with it !