• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

short barrelled rifle

Re: short barrelled rifle

IIRC you can SBR any lower with the ATF. I believe that you will need to file a Form 1 and send $200 to the ATF and get your lower engraved with your name and city, state (or Trust Info). I also believe that you can use the lower for any >16" upper while you wait the 6+ months for your SBR stamp. You cannot have a barrel less than 16" in your house or you could possibly get busted for intent...

Enjoy the wait

Yes, Form 1 is correct, waiting is the worst part of it, there are a few other things needed so do your research.
You can also by an SBR from a dealer as well but still have to wait.

I'm in the process now. Just got a Trust set up and submitted Form 1 with my $200. Now the wait begins. About to submit for a suppressor as well.

L

hope your form 1 wait is not to long I just finished up a Noveske 10in about a year ago it was 100 days mailbox to mailbox

best of luck..

Thanks. I'm in no hurry. This is just an offshoot of a couple other projects I'm working on.