• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Short life on factory Surefire batteries

Swift

Chief Bagel Technician
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Got my 6PX Tac a couple weeks ago, got a good amount of use with it but now the factory batteries won't hold a charge. After about 20 minutes of regular use it dims to the 15 lumen low-battery state.

I have a couple other sets of protected CR123s and they haven't given me any trouble.

For a light that cost $100+ I would think it would include better batteries. Maybe I just got some duds?

Re: Short life on factory Surefire batteries

What batteries are you using. The red batteries are not rechargeable that come with the light. I am a little confused. We don't make a rechargeable battery for that light without getting an extension and it is ni-cad.

Re: Short life on factory Surefire batteries

Go on ebay and get yourself some Solarforce rechargeable batteries from Hong Kong. They are awesome and work great.

CR123s are not rechargeable no matter what the brand. The rechargeable batteries are called 16340s. Make sure you get the proper voltage for your light as well; they come in 3.5 and 4.2.