• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short LOP stock for 10/22

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    I have a nice ruger 10/22 with a volquartsen barrel. It’s currently sitting in a hogue 10/22 stock. I’d like to find something with a much shorter LOP for a 5 year old.
    Does anyone have any recommendations? I saw a wood one on brownells that’s listed as “youth”. Any other options?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue when my boys were young, the 10/22 was a bit to long.
    I ended up getting a Cricket rifle and that worked great, my oldest was fairly big for his age and he could also shoot the AR7 but the grip on it was too big when my youngest was about tje same age.
    Hell i still throw that little cricket rifle in my pack occasionaly when i go hiking.

I built a 10/22 and put it in the krg bravo for exactly this reason. The 10/22 bravo has a much shorter length of pull than the one for the t1x. I got the toolless LOP adjustment and it fits my 5 year old great with it all the way in, and me great with it fully extended.

Here is a pic of him on the gun, redacted to make him look more operator.

1DE191D6-5F50-4C75-B1E2-F1AD66756FB7.jpeg

Reactions: CrazyAZGreenBeret
    Well ended up going with the krg. LOP is almost good enough for my kid. He will be able to go prone behind it no problem. Shouldering it is a different story. Soon enough.

Anyways the Bravo fits in well.....
    IMG_6644.jpg