• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Short Riflescopes - Current Offerings and Future Market

riverrat13

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Newbern, TN
I am looking to buy a scope for my next hunting rifle build. I'd love to pick up a S&B Ultra Short or ZCO, but I have to many hobbies and other guns to outfit to drop that kind of cash. I like the specs on the Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 but I have read mixed reviews and I am a little wary of buying one. I am also not a big fan of the reticles offered by Leupold.

With that said, are their any other sub $2500 MSRP short lightweight FFP scopes out their? ? Looks like their is a real market for a lightweight, short, Mid Price Range FFP Scope with no one but Leupold with an offering. Are any companies looking to introduce one at SHOT

I wish Vortex would make the AMG in 3-18... hint, hint Vortex.

I’m not sure how short “short” is for you but these came to mind:

NF SHV F1 4-14x50
Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18
Bushnell DMR II 3.5-21
Eotech Vudu 3.5-18/5-25
Sig Tango 6 3-18/4-24

Also there is a thread there about the upcoming Burris XTR III 3.3-18x50 that you might find interesting.

Short and lightweight 4-16x42 F1 ATACR. I have 3 on 7 - 8 lb hunting rifles and don't know that there is a more compact, relatively lightweight, robust, feature -packed offering out there WITH the reputation of Nightforce.
The NXS compact is also fantastic if 10x is enough power for your purposes.

Reactions: Rhed
If you're not too fixated on FFP, look at the 2.5-10 Vortex Gen 1 PST. Super short and light weight with surprisingly great glass. One of my favorites even next to scopes costing three times as much.