• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Short variable to 10x, options?

Charger442

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2010
    South Texas
    I've got a special gun I'd like to have a 10x max scope on in a small footprint, basically I think the old NXS Compact 2.5-10x24 would be perfect but they are hard to find. Obviously I'm keeping my eye out for them, but considering what my other options are in a similar scope with that size objective and around the 8.8" length.

What options do I have? Anything out there comes close to the Nightforce 2.5-10x24?

To 200... maybe the older 1-6x SFP scopes by Vortex Razor/PST2

Or if there is a SFP NF option in the 1- category LPVO?

Yeah I'm not certain I know how that actually works. I guess it's got the main cross hairs in second focal so they never get any smaller but the subtentions are in second....
    Not quite. The subtensions are in FFP. (I think you meant to say FFP but typed second by mistake.)

The website link posted earlier has a video and schematics that show this concept. I do not like videos through the eyepiecel they never do the IQ of the riflescope justice, but at least you can see how it works.

This type of design requires the most meticulous riflescope assembly and very few manufacturers can pull this off.

Not quite. The subtensions are in FFP. (I think you meant to say FFP but typed second by mistake.)

The website link posted earlier has a video and schematics that show this concept. I do not like videos through the eyepiecel they never do the IQ of the riflescope justice, but at least you can see how it works.

This type of design requires the most meticulous riflescope assembly and very few manufacturers can pull this off.

You are right, I meant to type first

Reactions: Denys
    If you want SFP and compact it’ll be really hard to beat the NSX 2.5-10 either 24 or 32mm

Otherwise maybe a Burris XTR ii 1-8 ? Mine is FFP but there’s also a SFP version. 10.75in long and 24oz.

If you have the money and want 1x capability, that March is what you’re looking for. About 1lb 9oz mounted with their specific mount, that’s a fair bit lighter than the big boy LPVOs mounted in lightweight mounts.

March is almost always the answer for compactness and weight..... if you want to unfold the wallet.

Reactions: Denys
    I've got some mounting issues I'll have to work through.... Ruger... But the march is high in the running