• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shortage of 140 gr ELD match?

exoto1225

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
Why suddenly Hornady 140gr ELD match (6.5 mm) bullets are drying up everywhere?? could anyone find any source still have that in stock?

I thought I scored a couple yesterday at sportsmans warehouse. Didn't have my reading glasses with me and ended buying 130 eldm's
Instead.

Man, you can't find the 143 eld x bullets as well. Found some on optics planet, and snatched them up. Try that site, you might find some.

I got some from scheels not long ago, they’ll match any price in stock or not from any vender free shipping

Reactions: CTri
Fin Feather Fur outfitters just sent me an email that they have 140gr ELD-Ms in stock. It's a little pricey, but guess there's not much choice. They're a client of mine, wonder if I can get a discount 🧐

Fin Feather Fur outfitters just sent me an email that they have 140gr ELD-Ms in stock. It's a little pricey, but guess there's not much choice. They're a client of mine, wonder if I can get a discount 🧐

Over in Erie PA.... might have to make a call and a drive.

because the 6.5CM Scar 20s are finally hitting the stores and the rifle ranges? :ROFLMAO:

Wasn’t that the 6mm bullets that were blowing up? Never heard of 6.5s blowing up. I shoot mine between 2800-2840 depending on load and never had an issue

Reactions: Heffo
Wasn’t that the 6mm bullets that were blowing up? Never heard of 6.5s blowing up. I shoot mine between 2800-2840 depending on load and never had an issue
I believe it was a previous design. The tips had a more transparent look.
Uhm... guys...please spend a few minutes perusing the attached thread. Catch up a bit and then let’s talk.

Hi guys, I later found some from a relatively unknown store and was able to grab 4 boxes of it. As for ELDM blow-up issue, I have never had any problem with this bullet out of my 6.5X47L AT at 2750 fps. I shot those at 350 yards on a 3-inch round plate, hard to miss. It's consistently 1/2 moa and with an SD <10. good to learn about this, I guess I won't use 140 ELDM for hot loads from now on..

I think most of the blow ups with the 6.5 ELD-Ms are from the 6.5 PRC and those really hot-rodding their creedmoors.

But, I've blown up 5.56 88 grain ELD-Ms in a 224 predator...

The 6.5 ELDM bullets that are blowing are the 147s not the 140s. And while we see this a lot out of the PRC cartridge, it can also happen in the CM...

Hush! Nobody else needs to know about BCR! Brandon told me a few weeks ago they're buried in orders, which have over tripled in volume since the beginning of the year - so don't put any more stress on them!

Although, I will say that I appreciated somebody posting that Midsouth had H4350 a couple days ago (it's gone now).

Note... BCR's web site is kinda clunky - but you won't find better people to deal with.

Hush! Nobody else needs to know about BCR! Brandon told me a few weeks ago they're buried in orders, which have over tripled in volume since the beginning of the year - so don't put any more stress on them!

Although, I will say that I appreciated somebody posting that Midsouth had H4350 a couple days ago (it's gone now).

Note... BCR's web site is kinda clunky - but you won't find better people to deal with.

I just ordered 500 140gr ELDs through BCR. USPS told me they were delivered yesterday, however no box was at my door step. I'm hoping postal service just marked it delivered on accident. They were super nice to deal with though and really responsive. I'll definitely be adding them to one of my normal reloading shops