• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shortages if Taiwan is attacked?

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    Aside from tech related chips, does anyone else have a good idea of what shortages we might see if China decides to go hot with Taiwan? They have been making some more direct threats lately.

Taiwan's economy is export-oriented. Exports account for around 70 percent of total GDP and its composition have changed from predominantly agricultural commodities to industrial goods (now 98%) during the past 40 years. Main exports products are: electronics (33.1% of total), information, communication and audio-video products (10.8%), base metals (8.8%), plastics & rubber (7.1%), machinery (7.5 percent). Main exports partners are Mainland China & Hong Kong (40% of total), ASEAN countries (18.3%), USA (12%), Europe (9%) and Japan (7%).

It’s been released that her trip to Taiwan is not on the flight plan anymore.

Shocker, we caved to China again.
    And she’ll go do whatever crooked shit she’s planning

I think this will happen relatively soon in any case, this is what China has wanted for as long as I can remember, the dimwits trip is just a excuse. I’m sure it’s not lost on China that they will never have a weaker US president again, and their economic alignment with Russia isn’t a accident.

Last edited:
    Never fear, Joe told them they better not do it, everybody is scared of Joe, ask Cornpop what happens when Joe gets upset. We all know that the Democrats want another war somewhere for us to get involved in.

The USA has chip makers,,Global
    Foundries,,Micro Tech,, work for Applied Material. There are others in the US we supply.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Taiwans top ten exports.
    C8F4BD53-9924-4244-9C69-170617567A09.jpeg

China gets aggressive. Blockade oil and gas shipments coming out of the Persian Gulf is about the biggest bit of potential leverage we have over China.

750ABABC-7104-4710-B759-2A75D0D31A0E.jpeg

Graphs are a bit dated but it makes the point. It also highlights how stupid the sanctions on Russian fuel in Europe is as it pushes China in a position to buy what the Europeans are not. It also highlights why having good relationships in the region( middle east) are extremely important.

Every thing Biden has done policy related has strengthened Chinas access to energy, which is their Achilles’ heel.

Pelosi should have flown to Taiwan. Trump had the balls to cross the 58th parallel into North Korea!!! Dems are a bunch of punk bitches...why are we letting them lead? Cowards!

Hopefully excuses to sit on our hands and wait for others to set this shit straight.

Considering the number of knots that will need to be untied as both sides rush to unwind their stances on the Ukraine invasion (which itself was a reversal of prior stances), everyone will need to be patient as polls are conducted, donors are constituted, and speeches are carefully crafted.

Accurate information
    Unbiased news
    Truth
    Washington unity
    My disposable fucks.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

Reactions: OkieMike
    Considering the number of knots that will need to be untied as both sides rush to unwind their stances on the Ukraine invasion (which itself was a reversal of prior stances), everyone will need to be patient as polls are conducted, donors are constituted, and speeches are carefully crafted.
    Meh, they just lie there asses off with little care if we believe or not.

They will have to cut condom sizes in half but most of you guys won’t notice……….

I quit buying those years ago. They were already small back then...

Computer parts in general is what would worry me. We have fabs in the US, but not nearly enough to meet demand.

I quit buying those years ago. They were already small back then...

Computer parts in general is what would worry me. We have fabs in the US, but not nearly enough to meet demand.
    It will be like the current situation... The answer is to reduce demand. Maybe even build a car in the image of the '57 Chevy that needs no chips.

If it goes hot what’s to prevent China from cutting off critical components from both China and Taiwan that are going to the US?

If it goes hot what’s to prevent China from cutting off critical components from both China and Taiwan that are going to the US?
    Just one more reason for the US to be self sustaining. Not the plan of the career politicians (both parties)... Get politics out of commerce.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    Serious question: what are those things even supposed to accomplish other than lowering your bank account? I have seen them but just don’t get it.
    You stick them in ones vagina for excise and sex.

The kids of Chinese leadership are in the US. All over the place and many will not leave.

But back to the OP. Most components for computers and phones are made in Taiwan. And the software for the same. Lead times today are months. If there is an invasion of Taiwan then things like switches and laptops won’t be available period for a year.

More difficult will be the strikes on the US and US allies in the Far East. China has unconventional forces in the West just like Russia used to as well. This will lead to Massive disruption of all global supply chains and panic here at home.

It will be like the current situation... The answer is to reduce demand. Maybe even build a car in the image of the '57 Chevy that needs no chips.

Who wants to adjust points every few miles?

What we have now is so much more reliable. It would be nice if they had started building more US based fabs about 15 years ago though.

Who wants to adjust points every few miles?

What we have now is so much more reliable. It would be nice if they had started building more US based fabs about 15 years ago though.

The GM LS series is far more reliable than that old shit. My best guess is that the electronics would stand a decent chance of surviving an EMP, and the mechanical bits last just about forever.

AC Delco used to run a chip fab in Kokomo, and the ECMs/PCMs in GM vehicles from the '80s and '90s were filled with US-sourced components from other companies such as Motorola and Intel (no shit - the original PCM in my '96 Impala had Intel Flash chips).

Reactions: JR_77
    The biggest problem with chip making is there are almost zero plants making silicon wafers in the US anymore. No wafers, no chips. I've been involved with that industry almost 40 years, 99% of the wafer making has gone off shore...Taiwan, Singapore, Malayasia. And China of course...

The biggest problem with chip making is there are almost zero plants making silicon wafers in the US anymore. No wafers, no chips. I've been involved with that industry almost 40 years, 99% of the wafer making has gone off shore...Taiwan, Singapore, Malayasia. And China of course...
    Just one more component leading to the downfall of America... America has become so clean and so lazy that now, we are dependent on other countries. Asian's send their children to America to study and learn how we created the newest "Roman Enpire".

There are at least 4 companies building fabs in the US, right now. The largest will also be the largest in the world...

I think computer chips would be the big loss.
    Computer chips have created the laziest society in the history of mankind.
    Sold, in the beginning as a "time saver". Look at what American's have filled that spare time doing. Being entertained. sitting on their ass and eating food prepared by other's.
    Obesity used to not be a problem.

phsi6Cf7_R6lo-c86HSvXCBUWK5upay4L2nxH-jBMiU.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
    Computer chips have created the laziest society in the history of mankind.
    Sold, in the beginning as a "time saver". Look at what American's have filled that spare time doing. Being entertained. sitting on their ass and eating food prepared by other's.
    Obesity used to not be a problem.

phsi6Cf7_R6lo-c86HSvXCBUWK5upay4L2nxH-jBMiU.jpg

But do you really want to go back to that standard of living?
    Really?
    Is that the life you want for your children to look like that?

Even the "super poor" have it much better today.

Instead of trying to devolve, how about using technology to evolve and figure out how to move to the next step as a species?

Well I never thought China would attack Taiwan as long as we are paying for my FIL expenses. He's 73 and immunocompromised and just got Covid. He is in the hospital and family members cannot see him. They have passed onto us that the doctors say he doesn't look good. That said as long as we are paying for his ass he won't fucking die, been there twice and he's made both times, and therefor China will not attack Taiwan.

Reactions: Aftermath
    The actual shortages driven by not getting things from Taiwan will not be the problem. The US government is waiting patiently for the fireworks to start so it can blame its draconian unpalatable great reset initiatives on the “war with China”. The Ukrainian thing has turned out to be a nothing burger other than a financial windfall for a few people and arms suppliers. Serbia and Kosovo are about to go kinetic, and I think even the deep state crew want to avoid that toxic mess of brutality and death. No winning there, too much psycho shit from centuries of hate.