• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shorter AR10 LOP ?

Raufoss

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
Missouri
I'm looking for a shorter LOP than the Magpul prs gen 3 but can't seen to find anything that is not more than 13.5"...

I will my rigs to be 12.5 to 13 "

Am I missing something on the market or there is nothing..

I'd e-mail LMT and see if their DMR 308 Buttstock kit is shorter then a Magpul PRS 3.

https://lmtdefense.com/parts/dmr308-kit

Expensive as heck... but...

Also, I can't seem to find it , but... is the PRS 3 shorter when using a carbine RE Tube ? ( Buffer tube )

Should be able to get pretty short with this. The extension will limit your choices of buffers, but it should work.

Reactions: Raufoss

Should be able to get pretty short with this. The extension will limit your choices of buffers, but it should work.

Thx I completely forgot that XLR made buttstocks..

Magpul UBR

This is the correct answer...

5dc11628228abd78e869e66e9374f0c6.jpg

If'n you're not a cheeky fellow.

Reactions: black max
B5 SOPMOD with a AR15 carbine buffer tube? 308 carbine buffer (2.5").

It amazes me that with everyone complaining about the Magpul PRS Gen 3 LOP for years now (myself included) that no one, including magpul has made a shorter recoil pad for it. Seems like it would be pretty easy to save at least 1/2". Especially when there are other aftermarket options for other Magpul stocks. I've done grind to fit pads for shotguns before I'm tempted to try and make something work for the PRS. The thick recoil pad on the Gen 3 is pretty much hard rubber anyway. This topic comes up frequently and the answers are usually that there is no good answer if you want to run a rifle length buffer on an AR10 and have a solid but adjustable stock with shorter LOP.

It looks like the XLR only comes with a carbine length buffer, and lists a LOP of 12-15". They also mention they use a larger proprietary diameter buffer tube so you can't use it with a rifle length tube even if you wanted to. If you want cant adjustment it looks like you'll lose a 1/2" or so of that to their extra plate required.

If you are okay running a carbine buffer tube then there have people a couple people that have modified the PRS Gen 3 carbine spacer to gain at least 1/2" if I remember right. That or find a Gen 2 model that is shorter but has basically a solid thin rubber pad.

You can but when you use the carbine spacer for the Gen 3 it makes it the same length as the rifle version. Also you lose the rear bolt attachment so the clamp screw up front is the only thing holding the stock on though I haven't seen anyone complain on it slipping. Some have cut the carbine spacer down to reduce LOP.