• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shorter LOP hunting rifle

Metalhead0483

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Brunswick, GA
Hey all, my fiance' has been pestering me to take her out after Caribou this year (I have a rough life... ;) ) She's a bit on the small side, so none of my rifles even come close to fitting her, so I need to find a short LOP/youth rifle to fit her. Now being a larger frame guy I've got no experience with shorter length-of-pull long guns, so I'm asking for some advice. I was thinking along the lines of a Remington Model 7 or a Ruger M77 Compact in 7mm-08, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

I definitly want to keep it under $1k, under $500 would be even better (used or new) I don't know how much actual use she'll give this thing, so I don't want to drop a ton of cash on it.

Thanks!

Id look for a used Remington 700 youth in .308, perfect for use with thick hunting clothes (or a small framed person), I bought one for under $400 and it is as accurate as I could expect (about 3/4-1MOA out to 200 yards) the recoil is very manageable- its a hunting rifle so it gets shot no more than twice to three times in a row.

plus worst case scenario you can build off the action.