• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shortest 10rd AICS Mag

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
England
Who makes the shortest 10 round .223 AICS magazine?

I hate long magazines but my rifle stock won’t allow the use of 5 rounds mags because the mag well is too tight and deep. It’s a Sako TRG stock on KRG back bone for Tikka T3.

ARC, as far as I know. There used to be Alpha Industries mags, but I think he’s out of business now.

I can only see .308 magazines on their website.

I was running .3”8 alpha mags. They were super short and sexy. His supply issues brought him down. They didn’t do .223 as far as I’m aware.

I’ve got an MDT metal mag. I was wondering if any of the polymer mags are shorter?

Here's a pic of an MDT mag with the 2 round adapter next to an AI AICS mag. You can see the MDT is shorter if it was 10 rounds and the original floorplate was on.

IMG_2874.jpg

Sorry, I missed 223 part. The shortest ones are the actual AI brand polymer 223. Here again, they are no longer in production.

I missed it too. Oops. Disregard above pic. I only use the MDT Poly mags for my .223 so nothing to comare.

Reactions: kindabitey