• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shortest 7.62 can??

charliejhusn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Oregon
Out of experience who makes the shortest most reliable 7.62 can? I want something short that has little to no shift and is reliable in full auto. I don't want an aac can, don't really have much against them, just don't care for em.

Thanks,
Charlie

Re: Shortest 7.62 can??

Good luck finding a can with no shift guaranteed without trying it.

That depends on a lot of things related not only to the suppressor but to your rifle as well. ie. barrel harmonics, mount timing, etc

a can with no shift and full auto rated, plus the smallest size available is a lot to ask, i do not remember who did it, but look for an ak specific can. they usually are short, but very fat, and are auto rated. as for shift, not so sure, but if you are running it on auto what is a 1/2 moa shift between friends.

Anyone know of a website to find more info on the Tornado Tech stubby can? Been looking all day for something?

delta p designs, they made the stubby can. tornado tech puts there name on it and sells them.

Thanks for the info fast freddy.

Man in AZ wants a FA 7.62 can.

He is told to get a Delta P. stubby.

That can is not FA rated.
That can will not sound suppressed after 15 FA rounds. Hell, that can is loud with a single round and has close to 2" shift at 100 yards...100 yards.

Get yourself to AWC in Phoenix. Buy a quiet FA rated 100% titanium 15oz TT Ti THOR. That can that will last.

Delta P Brevis.

I have one. while not the most quiet it is the shortest.

Surefire is making some pretty short cans, for 5.56, I would bet that at SHOT they may bring out some more, maybe for 7.62.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surefire is making some pretty short cans, for 5.56, I would bet that at SHOT they may bring out some more, maybe for 7.62. </div></div>

I heard on silencertalk forum that they aren't gong to for a while probably. They are coming out with a 6.8 spc micro can sometime soon and the mini can version is still in testing. If they were to come out with a micro or mini 7.62 can in the future I would be all over it!!!

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

Man in AZ wants a FA 7.62 can.

He is told to get a Delta P. stubby.

That can is not FA rated.
That can will not sound suppressed after 15 FA rounds. Hell, that can is loud with a single round and has close to 2" shift at 100 yards...100 yards.

Get yourself to AWC in Phoenix. Buy a quiet FA rated 100% titanium 15oz TT Ti THOR. That can that will last.
</div></div>

Interesting. Please elaborate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast freddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">delta p designs, they made the stubby can. tornado tech puts there name on it and sells them. </div></div>

The Delta P Design Brevis 7.62 is now available directly from Delta P Design.

http://www.deltapdesign.com/suppressors/brevis-7-62-suppressor

Overall length is 5.5". Weight is 20 oz. All stainless steel/inconel. Symmetric internal geometry. Hearing safe at the shooters ear with a 20" .308 (according www.silencerresearch.com).

Different tools for different jobs. If it fits your needs, contact us: http://www.deltapdesign.com/support

www.deltapdesign.com