• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shortest suppressor for bolt gun and 300 BO

RobbW

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Checking to see what suppressors are the shortest to use on a precision bolt action “shorty” 20” barrel - 6.5 prc

I’ll also use this on a 300 BO pistol at 10.5”

so compactness is really key along with POI non shift and I was thinking another thunderbeast ultra 5 but it may not really be that quiet?

im ok if it is a larger diameter.

I have a thunderbeast ultra 9 already so I have the normal long suppressor covered. And I have a silencerco osprey for pistols and subsonic...

thanks for tour input.

Whichever route, direct-thread will be shortest for sure... But I'd look into the Dead Air Nomad-30, Nomad-Ti, or an Energetic Armament VOX-S.

IMHO, the 5" cans are pointless in spending the money + the stamp...They simply don't suppress enough to justify the cost, stamp tax, and wait time. Personally, I feel you need a minimum 6" L x 1.5" Dia. can to start getting decent sound suppression in supersonic cartridges.

Diameter and length both reduce decibels...But a 1.5" long can with a 6" diameter is not going to suppress a shot as well as a 6" long can with a 1.5" diameter. The ratios have to work right for the dynamics of the gasses to flow properly. Longer and larger diameter cans have greater internal volume, therefore holding and disrupting more gasses. Which as we all know = Quieter.

Last edited:
Well the shortest is going to be Ultra 5 or YHM resonator.

Other options a tad bit longer include TBAC Dominus and the nomad.

**ETA**

spellchecking

Last edited:
Reactions: RobbW
My Sandman-K and TBAC 5 are almost the same length. I also prefer slightly longer for better suppression if you can do it.

Checking to see what suppressors are the shortest to use on a precision bolt action “shorty” 20” barrel - 6.5 prc

I’ll also use this on a 300 BO pistol at 10.5”

so compactness is really key along with POI non shift and I was thinking another thunderbeast ultra 5 but it may not really be that quiet?

im ok if it is a larger diameter.

I have a thunderbeast ultra 9 already so I have the normal long suppressor covered. And I have a silencerco osprey for pistols and subsonic...

thanks for tour input.
In my opinion Sir I would contact Mike R from Tac Ops Inc. He and his team are some of the best in the world! Very knowledgeable and a very good individual too speak with!

Why not have the best of both worlds and look into partial overbarrel cans?
Man, I used to talk to you over on LRH before they banned me for no reason...Literally, Len gave me no reason. But I'm glad to see your business got off the ground and is going well. Just wanted to say hey. 👍🏼

Man, I used to talk to you over on LRH before they banned me for no reason...Literally, Len gave me no reason. But I'm glad to see your business got off the ground and is going well. Just wanted to say hey. 👍🏼
Well hey! Yeah it has been a fun, and wild ride I must say. I don't frequent the forums much anymore, but the hide has been to go me so I try to be good back.

What about the Rugged Razor7.62, 6.4 inches.

Dominus K would probably be my first stop. A bit more semi auto friendly than the ultra 5 and probably quieter with the larger diameter.

If you really want short, seems to me there's Delta P and then everybody else. I know it looks kinda silly, but the few owners that can be found love them!

Tbac Dominus or Dominus K seem like the obvious choice. Look at the numbers that Ray posted of the K. Way quieter than it should be.

I don't think you can get ASE Utra suppressors in the US, so this is probably no help at all but they are extremely short yet incredibly effective at sound suppression and rated for fully auto use (not that this is necessary for you).

For a 300blk you can use a SL5i which is only 4" long, I use one on my 260 and the sound suppression is excellent.
For a 6.5PRC you would need to step up to the SL7i which is 2" longer and heavier and would likely be overkill on a 300blk.
You are kind of running into an issue with needing a 30cal hole with a much larger can than necessary for 300blk that ends up being less efficient for both cartridges that going for the "correct" can for each cartridge but understand that having one you use on both setups is likely the best value for money.

I think I am going to look at Thunder Beast Dominus vs Dead Air Nomad Ti or 30

trying to figure out capacities for direct thread on Dead air as it doesn’t list larger rifle calibers on the direct thread capacities. those may require a quic mount which adds volume.

will call the manufacturer with my questions on Monday. Could add a 22 suppressor with the dead air for the price of the TB...

Robb

I don't think you can get ASE Utra suppressors in the US, so this is probably no help at all but they are extremely short yet incredibly effective at sound suppression and rated for fully auto use (not that this is necessary for you).

For a 300blk you can use a SL5i which is only 4" long, I use one on my 260 and the sound suppression is excellent.
For a 6.5PRC you would need to step up to the SL7i which is 2" longer and heavier and would likely be overkill on a 300blk.
You are kind of running into an issue with needing a 30cal hole with a much larger can than necessary for 300blk that ends up being less efficient for both cartridges that going for the "correct" can for each cartridge but understand that having one you use on both setups is likely the best value for money.
Also have a 300 win mag AI so versatility is a plus in my collection. But already have an ultra 9 in 30 so don’t mind a few decibels for versatility rifle to rifle. the ultra 7 also looks good but dominus has better numbers because of dia. Likely ready to add something with higher dia so the two narrowed down will be good to look at.

Robb