• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shorty hunting rifle in .308, stud, flush cup, or rail for bipod and placement options?

honeybadger65

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I'm considering putting together a suppressed .308 shorty hunting rifle. I'm looking at the Remington 700 AAC-SD 16.5 inch.

I want to put together a Manners stock and was looking at the MCS-T with a lightweight carbon fiber fill in molded GAP.

I was thinking for flush cups, to go two front and back on the left, and two front and back on the bottom. Think that is sufficient?

Now comes the big question, for the bipod: rail or stud?

I want to be able to use a sling and a bipod although I will not be using the bipod hunting. I own a few AR15 platform rifles and was wondering if I should put a small section of rail on the front of the rifle and use a QD bipod that attaches to a rail so I can swap the bipod between rifles easily. Or should I just go with a stud?

What do you think of those placement options and overall choice?

Thanks,

-HB65

Put an Atlas rail in front. It weights just a bit over 1 oz
you'll be able to use atlas bipod on the range, carry it in the backpack and attach if you need on the hunt.
and swap it between rifles of course.