• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shorty Short Mag

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
Just picked up my 22.5" experiment. About 14lbs as you see it--7wsm.

<span style="font-weight: bold">**for those of you sensitive to the plight of poor mistreated landlords--please note that no hardwood floors were harmed during the making of this thread**</span>

3RiflePics001.jpg

Re: Shorty Short Mag

Looks good, but I'd be careful with those claws on the wood floor... :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, but I'd be careful with those claws on the wood floor... :p </div></div>

HA!! I RENT!!

3RiflePics004.jpg

42 mph---that's about as fast as she went in the trunk of my car on the way back from my dealer!

I should have 1000 162s showing up tomorrow. If not, I'll be shooting 175 smks this weekend.

I get 2840 with the 175 out of my 24". If I were able to hit 2800 I'd be REALLY happy. With the 162s I'm hoping to get near the 3100 mark--I may be dreaming!

Hey, E,
Glad to see that she made it to "netherworld"!
162's will suprise you and you'll be changin' your name to "Skippy"!

What's your load? I use 67.5 gr. of H1000 behind a Berger 168 VLD and get 2930. Bullet pushed into the lands. 24" barrel. Great cartridge....just let the barrel cool.

Too windy and overcast to chrono today---but she sure liked 175 SMKs over 61.5 grains of RL22. Under 1/2 moa at 100 and 300. I'm a little worried about the velocity as my 300 yard dope was .2 mils more than my 24" 7WSM.

The accuracy is DEFINATELY there. Now for the velocity...

Try some H4831SC, its faster than RL22 and it should get you more velocity.

Thanks. I've got a lb I am going to play with, I am just waiting on my 162s first.

I am thinking about giving RL 19 a shot as well.

what do you call that fluting on the center rifle you have pictured? That is pretty sick!

3100FPS would be pretty damn impressive out of the 162s. I was getting close to 3200 FPS before I started showing pressure signs with RL25. Now I just run them at 3050ish FPS out of a 26" barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do you call that fluting on the center rifle you have pictured? That is pretty sick! </div></div>

Kampfeld Customs spiral fluted a Border barrel. Its about the most effective way to shave weight via fluting.

Got a chance to test a few loads. First- Accuracy back to 300 yards is comparable to longer barrel. No problem keep 5 rounds under 1/2 moa and 10 at about 3/4 moa.

Now for the important info--the velocity. I have chronoed 175 SMK over 61.5 brains of RL 22. Right around 2725.

162 amaxes over 64 grains of RL 22 averages 2790--with a hefty ES--but quite accurate at 300. No pressure signs

Now the promising load 64 grains of 4831sc under a 162. 2835, low ES and SD. VERY accurate.

Now time to juice up the 4831sc load, and try a little RL 17.

Chris- I love the ergonomics of the rifle itself. In this configuration it balances like a dream in every alternative firing position I have tried. Provided all goes well I am going to swap out the Williams for a Surgeon BM.

Keep an eye on this thread as I will be updating it as load development continues.

If I cannot get 2900+ out of the 162s, then the WSM is a waste and you'd be better off with a 7mm 08.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, but I'd be careful with those claws on the wood floor... :p </div></div>

HA!! I RENT!!

3RiflePics004.jpg
</div></div>

Dont you have to pay a security deposit or something when you rent?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant stand pod claws. But other than that, that is a beautiful rifle. Not that it matters much, but aesthetically, that is outstanding. </div></div>

Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn scout those sure are some nice mono-pods,wish i had one............haha,super nice sticks. </div></div>

Thanks Bro-- I hope you are making good use of yours!

Smooth sailing.

E-