• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SHOT 2012 - Media Day & Show Day 1 - pics link add

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
Jan 19 2012 (13:17 PST) - Pics Link Added + Ashbury Precesion Ordnance site again available...

I just updated my site to include 50MB+ of pics from these two days. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">The pics link is </span></span>http://elr-resources.com/page16.html

SHOT 2012 – Media Day and Show Day 1: Bits and Pieces for ELR (all in one piece to hopefully preclude a spam call for multiples)

Media Day – my take away (partial, alpha order):

1. ArmaLite – AR-50A1, National Match version, back in stock soon, sans barrel flutting.

2. Ashbury Precision Ordnance – found out that my recent unintended “leak” of their new site (announced on the hide) also surprised them, as the site is not yet ready and was left open in error – it has now been password protected. Sorry guys. Update: Site is now available - http://elr-resources.com/page16.html.

3. ELR trainer, Will Ross (Center Shot Long Range Training, WY), in the Cutting Edge stand – great pics of multiple shot groups on man-sized steel out to 2600+. Will post as soon as I can get them from him via e-mail; rifle in stand: custom-stocked, 375 CT. Media Day pics posted - link at top.

4. FNH USA – new model (available this year, in newest 2012 catalog), “Ballista”, 308, 300 WinMag, 338LM (6/9 rds) – bolt, 26” barrel (only, operator interchangeable in under 2/two minutes), fully adjustable ambi-folding stock, barreled receiver isolated from the alum and poly stock via elastomeric cushions.

5. PCP Ammo – possibly 338LM and 50 BMG polymer-cased ammo in ’13, per Pete Forras, the Barrett 416 cartridge designer, now with PCP; cases potentially reloadable, steel alloy base (no loose primers), again, per Pete Forras.

6. Plus for fun (non-ELR) – for those with a spare $50K (fifty thousand USD) – in Colt’s stand, a bright “new”, commercially-available, 1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun – see the blurb and firing video on Accurate Shooter - http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012...77-gatling-gun/

Show Day 1 – my take away (partial, alpha order):

1. AI – AX AICS, pistol grip version on display. Pics posted - link at top.

2. Alliant Powder – Reloader 33 (RL33), coming soon, “Ideal powder for the 338 Lapua Magnum.” Reloading data included multiple 338LM loads.

3. Anzio – simple booth, HUGE hardware – I spent the better part of an hour with Mike Remo, their very personable President. He was of course showing his 50/20 mm screamer… and – the only other significant (metal) object in the booth – a little something new, a SEMI-AUTO version in 20mm X 110 Hispano-Suiza – 81” long w/ 45” barrel and 7.75” x 3” muzzle brake. He’s taking orders NOW for expected delivery in 6 months - expected retail price is $16.5K. Currently has a 4 rd mag, working on a 10; 90#; gas operated, rotating bolt action. Pics posted - link at top.

4. Ashbury – Ashbury Precision Ordnance was showing their patented SABER®-FORSST® modular rifle chassis system for the Savage model 110B – also a great video of the PSR version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjEHQo0KXM&feature=endscreen&NR=1; they also had a large display of the rapid prototyping work they did in developing their chassis system (every component of the chassis built up using “additive and subtractive fabrication” technology (seriously slick stuff), their Rapid Product Development Center being open for business for engineering services and support work (2012 rate schedule in their capabilities brochure). Pics posted - link at top.

5. Desert Tactical (DTA) – HTI model to be shipping March 20th, its mag well is cut for up to 50 BMG and uses an integrated sheet metal “adaptation” (my term) to fill the gap for smaller rounds like 375 CT - sorry can't attach pic - later this week a link to my site - as shipped there will be some stock changes since first announced, including an adjustable cheekpiece, plus heavier scope rings. DTA is now also into ammo, Desert Tactical Munitions (DTM) – 308, 300 WinMag, 338LM, and 50 BMG. Pics posted - link at top.

6. Nightforce – new reticle, “MOAR”, for 3.5x15x, 5.5-22x, and 8-22x NSX scopes – too many bits and pieces to describe. Pics posted - link at top.

7. Remington – to offer “Remington Arms Chassis System (RACS)” In 700 SA/LA. Pics posted - link at top.

8. Sako – 11 page spread on the M10; bottom line, “modular – configurable – multi-caliber". Pics posted - link at top.

Re: SHOT 2012 - Media Day and Show Day 1

Appreciate the update, I don't know if I could handle the excitement of being there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cds7221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you guys want the spec sheet on the MOAR let me know. I'll e-mail you a copy. </div></div>

PM sent with e-mail

Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cds7221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you guys want the spec sheet on the MOAR let me know. I'll e-mail you a copy. </div></div>

Please do!

pm sent with e-mail thanks

Pics link added (including pics of NF's MOAR); Ashbury Precision Ordnamce site now available. See revised initial post at top.

The Remington Chassis is cool. I wonder if I see some sort of monopod on the bottom of the stock...? Not clear if that's what it is. If so, this could be a very compelling upgrade for 300 Win Mag or 338LM.