• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot 24 times, and 23 times with car chase Ohio

Handloader

Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Lewisburg, Ohio
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_n...g-shot-23-times
There must be more to the story, but shooting 130+ times by 13 officers, from a car chase initiated by a cop that "thought he herd a possible gun shot" (or a backfire, and there was a gun or soda can in the car (even though a gun was not found, but GSW tests are being done))seems a tad extreme.
Thank-god it was not a big-gulp and NYPD was involoved.....

Re: Shot 24 times, and 23 times with car chase Ohio

130+ shots and 50 hits.

Always makes you wonder....

Be interesting to see what they find out. Seems like they may have rammed the police car and run....

But no gun and both driver and passenger shot 24/25 times....... Jesus.

I've got to wonder, if the final shooting took place miles from where the initial "shots" were fired.

At what point do you just start hosing down the car? Especially when no reports of shots fired at the final location.

5AEF1609-9041-4638-AA66-A6B673CE8CF9-1732-0000023CE7C4BA15.jpg

I wonder if none of the officers were hit, I read none were injured but they do wear vests, there are pictures of patrol cars which the officers shot the shit out of, so I kinda doubt they concerned themselves with what else was in the direction they were shooting.

There's also a vid that's really just audio, lots of shots, several second lull, and then another long increasing volley, very interesting for not receiving return fire. Hard to imagine that the occupants were still able to use the vehicle as a weapon after the intial volley. Curious to see where this goes.

Shooting was after a pursuit thru something like 3 townships, so gun could've been ditched, but that doesn't change shooting the hell out of a couple people that were not returning fire, and with so many patrol cars should've been fairly easily contained.

i'm claiming the popcorn concession on this one <span style="font-style: italic">now.</span>

From the article linked:

<span style="font-style: italic">"Cleveland police have since called in the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification to help with the investigation. The department wants to find answers as to why so many shots were fired and why the pursuit lasted so long."</span>

Taking it on face value I can't see anything wrong with this response to the event in question and I'm glad transparency is being sought quickly and openly. Would be interesting to see the results and the nature of the investigation.

If it was just a backfire of the car then it's a real tragedy for all concerned.

This may be a long one. Hot pockets are on order. MM