• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot 300 gr Bergers at 983 yards..C foto

shoot1760

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2010
wa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shot the Bergers today with my 338 edge to 983 yards........

I first shot at 675 yards to validate my trajectory and my guess at 2800 fps was right on the money. I shot a 3 shot 5 inch group, not too impressive, but given the wind, it was impressive. The Mirrage was so heavy today (100 degrees on the Kestrel) I could barely see my brite white target at 22 power. I had to tune down the power to see the target.

After validation we took the Edge out to 983 yards....Mirrage again was all over the place from 10 mph to 5 mph to nill. The wind was all over the place as well from 9pm to 3pm and all the way back around to 6 pm with lift and then back to nil again.

Generally at this spot the wind is fairly constant and steady, but this was a very non typical day. Given the wind and mirrage conditions, I was very impressed with the new Berger 300 gr.

Here are the results, along with a foto of the target..................

My first three shots, I painted a 5 inch (1/2 moa) 3 shot group. See the three circled bullets in the lower right hand corner.

The top center group was about a 5 inch (1/2 moa) 5 shot group shot by my 15 yr old son and my 10 yr old with me doping the wind. Two of my 15 yr old sons shots were high in this group cause he left the shells in the sun and they were hotter than a fire cracker. We put them in the shade and shot a few more and the bullets landed just about dead center ( a few inches lower).

The other two (lower) stray shots (splats) were shot by my 13 yr old son.

Next time I will take the berger out to 1,450 and 1,600 yards. See foto below...

9605missionpics012.jpg

LOAD....
338 edge
300 gr Bergers
2800 fps
.010 off the lands
CCI 250 LRM primers
91 grs H1000