• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot first match

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
Just got in from shooting my first match. Match was just a hundred yards Hunter class. Rules were 6mm caliber or larger, 6.5x scope max.which made my Savage FCP 10 .308 legal. First time I had ever shot dialed down to 6.5x,match was at dusk.The ten ring 3/8" with a 3/32" X ring (actually a DOT). I shot 388 out of 400 points winning two out of four Indvidual matches and lost over all by one "X". Didn't feel to bad since the overall winner is a seasoned Bench Rest shooter and some off the guys are regulars at 1000 yard matches.I was the only one shooting pods and rear bag, the rest shot mech. rest with heavy rear bags. Gettin use to all of the muzzle blast while concentrating on the target was really distracting!The new Berger 168 VLD load came through. Now I'm bit by the match bug, looking for some F/TR matches nearby.

Re: Shot first match

Sounds like you did awesome!
Great job.... I like that you whooped those benchrest boys with the tactical gear!
Keep it up, next on the list should be a sniper match!

Shooting is a triangle, Weapon Ammo and Shooter, IMHO each side of the triangle is the same in our shooting, the BR world the triangle is much more Weapon Ammo and less Shooter because there equipment is doing the work for them, its an addicive thing competing against others, I know your hooked now.

well done kicking BR guys's butt. Lookup highpower matches in your area and enter in the F T/R class (308& 223 only) so you can shoot longer ranges, there are usually a good bunch of F class guys to learn from if you want to of course.
congrats.

The closest f-class to you would be at Oak Ridge, Tenn or at Camp Butner, Nc.North State Shooters Club runs the matches at Butner there website has the dates.They have about one a month and have a nice range there.WWW.northstateshootesclub.com