• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot Marker Vs. Silver Mountain Solo?

earthquake

Area Man
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    Hi, is there a reference or results anywhere that anyone has done on comparing the Shot Marker https://www.autotrickler.com/shotmarker.html to the Silver Mountain Solo system https://silvermountaintargetsusa.com/individual-shooters-ezp-29.html ?

I'm interested in getting one of these units for some research I'm doing this year and wanted to get feedback if anyone has used either or both? They are both comparative cost-wise, but other than knowing that Mark Gordon used the Silver Mountain in his bullet jump testing, I haven't seen much about them.

Thanks

Never heard of the silver mountain offering. Looks like the same thing basically. be nice to see someone get both and do a head to head comparison, but whose got ammo for that these days

I owned the Silver Mountain Solo. No complaints. Great system. Sold it and bought the Shot Marker only because my home range went Shot Marker. It will allow me to only take my sensors and use their frames. Don't have to haul around a 6x6 frame all the time.

I would happily own either. They both perform well.

Edit to add...Silver Mtn reps are in Indiana. Shot Marker is in Canada. Doesn't make it bad, just a fact. Both can be linked to a server if you are gonna run a match.
    Illinois State Rifle Assn, Iowa, Port Malabar in Fla, and Indiana use S. Mtn
    LaCrosse and Racine WI use Shot Marker.
    I'm sure there are others for both

Last edited:
    Does both metric and MOA LOL. Actually can be setup to provide grids in both mils and MOA. Has a great selection of target types and for me the main reason for buying was to calibrate rifles. Will provide downrange velocity information which is useful in calculating BC's. At Gunsite we took MV at FFP and at a 1000 which we used to calculate BC's in FFS. Significantly reduced the amount of rounds required to calibrate software.

Our club has 12 Solos and 2 G2s and I shoot Deadzero which had I think 40-50 shot markers. There is almost no difference between the two besides the user interface. They’re both accurate. They both work well. Adam can do custom work on the GUI so if you’re going to buy for a club that may be a consideration but honestly I think you could flip a coin and be happy with either.

I do like the solos ability to switch to G2 and pair fire. For those of us who still shoot Highpower, we can rip through a match in 20 minutes with one target with. 2-3 to a mound.

I do like the cat6 connections on the solo.

Boiling it down, make sure you set it up per the instructions. Measure, measure, measure and get it mounted Firmly. If either shake in the wind they suffer some accuracy loss.

There are two SMT Solos up for sale on NM Forum from a place that upgraded

Dave and Steve in Indiana are great guys and know their SMT product. Their service is top notch. They are shooters and good guys

Good friends too

I’ve used both but run a Solo.

Reactions: earthquake