• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot my AAC Micro 7 to 1000 yards today. It's chambered in 300 blackout!

dieselgeek

Do you even Shoot Bro?
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Only one reason I really did it... "neva ben dun befo" At least that I've seen on video. Total come up was 23 mils and 3 mils of wind. 125gr Noslers at 2280 FPS.

[video=youtube_share;jT-SM9_OyRc]http://youtu.be/jT-SM9_OyRc[/video]

RPo8xtm.jpg

Pretty awesome!!l

Now im gonna have to try to take mine out to 1001 yards :)

thanks for the vid

Wild idea. Ive shot it out to 200-300 yards with an AR and it was tough. Pretty cool love to know the flight time.

Next step is to try with subs.....

We made it as far as 650 with 220gr SMKs years ago with the Whisper. 25 mils if I recall. With the right light you could watch he round enter the FOV and fall into the target. Accuracy was much better than I expected, and wind was not unmanageable. We were hitting a full size IPSC steel. I think JBM listed velocity on target over 800fps.

Too much fun

Next step is to try with subs.....

We made it as far as 650 with 220gr SMKs years ago with the Whisper. 25 mils if I recall. With the right light you could watch he round enter the FOV and fall into the target. Accuracy was much better than I expected, and wind was not unmanageable. We were hitting a full size IPSC steel. I think JBM listed velocity on target over 800fps.

Too much fun

Wow. As if the OP wasn't enough. I had never even thought about stretching out my 700 300BO past the 200 yard line, much less with subs. I'll see what I can come up with. Nice work guys.

The first time we took it to 600, the scope didn't have enough travel, so I milled up the pine tree the plate was hanging from and picked out a holding point on a branch for my buddy who was on the rifle. The target was out of the FOV. You would pull the trigger, see the round enter the FOV, and could manually follow it down to the target. It was hilarious to watch.

Next time around we put better glass on the gun so we could hold on target.
I wish that wasn't before the days of GoPros and my HD cam. Would have made for some good video. I miss having access to that quarry.