• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot my first PRS match today!

Zerodark300

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2021
NC
Shot my 1st match today, along with my first time shooting past 500. Had several hits and had a blast overall. The other shooters were beyond friendly as I didn't have a bag or bipod, I was able to borrow both to get me through. Now to to decide which bag and bipod to go with! Looking forward to attending another!

Attachments

• Snapchat-479314419.jpg
    Snapchat-479314419.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 125
Save a bunch of money on bags and just buy an Armageddon gear game changer and lean to use it. It just about the do all bag and if you have that one stage at a match it want work someone in your squad will have something.

Reactions: Mrindecisive
Is that Hawks Ridge?

Glad you had a good time. For the most part, the community is pretty good. I wish someone would have told me to buy this bag:

Having it would have saved me several hundred dollars in trying other bags that were terrible.

Happy shooting.

Shot my 1st match today, along with my first time shooting past 500. Had several hits and had a blast overall. The other shooters were beyond friendly as I didn't have a bag or bipod, I was able to borrow both to get me through. Now to to decide which bag and bipod to go with! Looking forward to attending another!

Thunder Valley?

I thought so. I actually was going to try and make that match yesterday but couldn't make it. I haven't been up since they started doing the centerfire and then rimfire but plan to go up soon. It's a few hours drive but good they don;t start until around 9am so don't have to leave super early.

As for bags, the one above is good but I use a Game Changer. I like the feel of it and how it settle in on props. My buddy uses the Warhorse Clede bag.

Bipods are a big groups and go up in price fast. Minimum would be a swivel Harris like the BRM-S which is 6-9" and has notched legs and swivel. I have used these for many years and still do. They aren't the newest or coolest but they work. Then you can start the slow climb up in prices to the Atlas and up from there. MDT has a new one for $200 coming out which gives a lot of options but it all depends on how you connect it also. If a sling stud then go Harris but if Arca then it opens up the field. Also depends on what you want to spend which is what everything comes down to. LOL

It was a good time, looking forward to another one maybe even different locations.

I'm gonna try and stick with a arca style bipod since most of my rifles use arca rails already

Yeah check out Pigg River and Frontline if trying to stay driving range. Frontline Defense has a one day match on May 7th.

Here's the new MDT bipod. It's not out yet but they said soon.

Or the Harris all set up to go with arca from Area419

Or Atlas

It was a good time, looking forward to another one maybe even different locations.

I'm gonna try and stick with a arca style bipod since most of my rifles use arca rails already
I really like the Ckye pod for PRS matches. It has all kinds of adjustability/controls that make it more useful on slanted/odd shaped props than the more square bipods. People will say it feels rattly. Those people lose. I got mine from a Black Friday sale for about half of the advertised retail price. Thunder Beast makes a great product that is a little like all the best things about a Harris without any of the outdated problems. Don’t be afraid to spend a few more dollars on a bipod. It’s worth it to have good one.

ETA: I’ve never used one but the GND-POD looks like it would be worth checking out. And that price! 👍

Congrats on the match, sounds like a fun time!

Definitely you'll want an Arca bipod. Check out the bipod accessories on the Really Right Stuff SOAR website. If you go with a Harris you can change out the top half with a HC-Pro clamp so that it's Arca compatible (picatinny too). If you want to step up in price a bit, the Atlas CAL Gen 2 (short) is nicer, overall a bit more stable and can accept leg extensions. Get the no-clamp version then put one of the RRS style clamps on the top - either the BTC-Pro clamp or the SC-ARC clamp if you want a lever. You could also use the RRS B&T Bipod clamp adapter and put one of the traditional RRS lever clamps on it like the BR-40-LR. I've got a couple set up that way as well as a RRS/Harris combo and like them all, but prefer the Atlas.

For bag, agree with recommendation for Armageddon Gear game changer. The original version (waxed canvas, heavy plastic bead fill) is probably the most flexible, though you can get more stability with a sand fill Schmedium game changer. That one is not rain friendly though. Wiebad makes good stuff too.

Congrats on the match! As long as you had fun and learned, you'll be happy moving forward. For a bag, I agree with the others, buy ONE for now, either Weibad fortune cookie or Armageddon gear and use it for a while. I bought so many bags and now going back to two...A rear support and front support.

From a bipod standpoint, please see my video I did on a comparison...I didn't include ALL bipods, only the ones I had and decided on the Accu-Tac...The easiest bipod you'll ever use. Here again, don't get caught up in all the 50 different ways to deploy and extend...in the end, you'll need it for ONE thing...a bipod! At the end of an ARCA rail and at 45 degrees, that'll take care of 90% of the "other" bipod needs you'll have: