• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot Show 2020 Thread!!!

man32ahan

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Fairfield, Illinois
Post your Shot Show findings here! I’m unable to attend, but I know many of you are there.
Anxious to see what this year brings. So many new things dropped prior to SHOT with little to no information on them. Upload them here too.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Trigger Tech Rem 700 2-stage is finally
out.

AED6CA99-7E42-48E5-894F-EBC62F7BEB78.jpeg

Franklin Armory binary trigger for ruger 10/22's. ~$300

Annnd here she is! The brand new Ultimatum Deuce!

Our brand new precision .22 LR action, based on the M700 footprint, 3 lug bolt, 60° lift, with that same BUTTERY SMOOTH cycling that you all know and love from our Deadline actions. Integrated recoil lug, and comes standard with a 20moa rail. ?
Perfect companion as a trainer rifle to your centerfire competition rifle, or if you want to be a cut above the competition at your @nrl22.official matches. ?

MSRP $1599.99 USD for a barreled action paired with an IBI Olympic Grade match barrel. ??? OR $1199.99 USD for the action only.

Our brand new precision .22 LR action, based on the M700 footprint, 3 lug bolt, 60° lift, with that same BUTTERY SMOOTH cycling that you all know and love from our Deadline actions. Integrated recoil lug, and comes standard with a 20moa rail. ?
Perfect companion as a trainer rifle to your centerfire competition rifle, or if you want to be a cut above the competition at your @nrl22.official matches. ?

MSRP $1599.99 USD for a barreled action paired with an IBI Olympic Grade match barrel. ??? OR $1199.99 USD for the action only.

Outside of this so far... YAWN?

I was hoping something would get announced to burn a hole in my wallet. Not yet!

Hi,

It is pretty bad....beef jerky is actually in the "New Products" showcase area.........

Sincerely,
Theis

Damn. See we get the inside info directly through you here. The rest of the world gets to see you there...

Reactions: RS14
Tagging in on this one.

Favorable impressions on the Sig Cross from my buddy’s cousins uncle.

Always thought the last many years focus on Shot Show was influence from advertising folks who come from outside the shooting sports trying to push the same ideas they take from other industries into this one. Always "new" and "exciting" products, and that customers should be glued to their computers and trade magazines to expect and get ready to buy the new miracles presented at the trade shows.

In a sport where cartridges can dominate for over a century, where established companies make money producing 172 year old Colt Walkers, 109 year old 1911's, and 60+ year AR15's R700's ect. Innovation is good, but the shooting sports is a field where old designs and ideas keep working and new ones are too often gimmicks, and it seems to me Shot Show is fluff. Products promised for this year tend to not be ready/on the market for years afterward. "New" and exciting innovation seems to be small changes to very old designs or gimmicks that will fall flat. Not to rain on anyone's parade or curb new changes that will benefit us, but the high hopes of the trade show in question always seem to lead to dissappointment.

Have a friend on a non firearm board who attends the show, and his field report for last year was a real snoozer. Really hope one day a show lives up to hype or the hype dies down.

Reactions: ChuckSwagger
Something about the Ultimatum 22 action looks off...it’s almost like the interrupted Picatinny action rail over the ejection port looks like a giant forehead to me ?

Reactions: kthomas
Something about the Ultimatum 22 action looks off...it’s almost like the interrupted Picatinny action rail over the ejection port looks like a giant forehead to me ?

Yeah, and it looks like they limited the one piece mount options by not going full picc or an open area in the middle.

Reactions: samb300

Doesn't help with the ejection slot on the stock being over an inch too long.

that trigger looks awesome been waiting for that one. i like the ruger binary trigger as well

Would be great if someone interested could cover anything new in PCP air rifles ?

you like PCP's? I want to upgrade fromym maruader.

Always thought the last many years focus on Shot Show was influence from advertising folks who come from outside the shooting sports trying to push the same ideas they take from other industries into this one. Always "new" and "exciting" products, and that customers should be glued to their computers and trade magazines to expect and get ready to buy the new miracles presented at the trade shows.

In a sport where cartridges can dominate for over a century, where established companies make money producing 172 year old Colt Walkers, 109 year old 1911's, and 60+ year AR15's R700's ect. Innovation is good, but the shooting sports is a field where old designs and ideas keep working and new ones are too often gimmicks, and it seems to me Shot Show is fluff. Products promised for this year tend to not be ready/on the market for years afterward. "New" and exciting innovation seems to be small changes to very old designs or gimmicks that will fall flat. Not to rain on anyone's parade or curb new changes that will benefit us, but the high hopes of the trade show in question always seem to lead to dissappointment.

Have a friend on a non firearm board who attends the show, and his field report for last year was a real snoozer. Really hope one day a show lives up to hype or the hype dies down.

Duckford, I agree that most of what is covered at SS falls under your generalized statement. Of course there are a relatively small portion of products produced by the Big Boys that somebody will point out, but for the other 96%, the products fall under your statement.

I would really like to see more coverage of the little guys at SS who are attempting to get their foot in the door. The Vendors with booths located in what was referred to as the "Dungeon" in the latest podcast.

Seems to me like marketing, hoping you interpret it that way.. cool none the less and seems like there are a few wood/metal stock/chassis out.

View attachment 7230466

I personally think this one looks better... cant remember who makes it...
View attachment 7230467

They must have changed the website graphics. It originally said "Certified" or some similar nonsense instead of "Tested".

Reactions: Jackomason

I wonder how long it will take the manufacturers to realize 20 minutes is nowhere near enough slope for a 22 pic rail, especially in this price range where guys will use it at max distances. They use 20 MOA because that's what center fire guys have been using, but that's just not enough for a 22.

I have a 20 minute rail on my CZ and I limit out my elevation around 250 yards, and have to hold high for anything past that and the 375 yard gong is at the bottom of the field of view.

These days I'm into adjustable scope rings like these (link below) to get the elevation I need.

The bonus is that it acts as a defacto zero stop, where I set it somewhere inside about 10 minutes from the bottom of my scope travel. That way I just run the scope to the bottom and come up to zero.

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will take the manufacturers to realize 20 minutes is nowhere near enough slope for a 22 pic rail, especially in this price range where guys will use it at max distances. They use 20 MOA because that's what center fire guys have been using, but that's just not enough for a 22.

I have a 20 minute rail on my CZ and I limit out my elevation around 250 yards, and have to hold high for 275 yards.

These days I'm into adjustable scope rings like these (link below) to get the elevation I need.

The bonus is that it acts as a defacto zero stop, where I set it somewhere inside about 10 minutes from the bottom of my travel. That way I just run the scope to the bottom and come up to zero.

This is really where devices like the Charlie Tarac and other "periscope" optics come into play, without needing 3"+ rings and an ocular that is facing the shooters forehead. There is only so much forward declination you can get out of a rail, but you can get ridiculous elevation out of these "prisms", instantly.

I have a 20 minute rail on my CZ and I limit out my elevation around 250 yards, and have to hold high for anything past that and the 375 yard gong is at the bottom of the field of view.

The bonus is that it acts as a defacto zero stop, where I set it somewhere inside about 10 minutes from the bottom of my scope travel. That way I just run the scope to the bottom and come up to zero.

Vudoo with a 60 MOA base with ZeroComp optic and you are good to about 600. ?

• Haha
Reactions: 96C

I agree with your point, but what scope are you using that is so limited even with a 20 moa rail? I get about the same results as you with the 0 moa rail on my basic Mark II BV and a Bushnell HDMR. At some point I may get an Alpha Tarac, as suggested above.

Per their Instagram they have a 30moa Mount on deck, and .17wsm, .17hmr, and .22wmr are due later this year.