• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot Show 2022 new Oryx stock?

jmikell870

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2018
I was watching a newly uploaded video by @Covertnoob5 on MDT'S ACC gen 2. It was nice seeing the new features and various updates to an already great chassis system. However, I notice a stock hanging on a wall in the background to what I am assuming it's the Oryx both. Anyone have some more information about it?
On the Oryx website, it looks like it's named the Field Stock. But I haven't seen any video or reviews of it.

Attachments

• D5D7A25F-28B6-443F-9452-A84322BE4BF5.jpeg
    D5D7A25F-28B6-443F-9452-A84322BE4BF5.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Reactions: MDT_Josh and rydah
There are some pics on facebook. Supposed to be lighter than the oryx and mentioned price was $299. Estimated shipping is this summer i believe. Looks nice for the price.

This was sent out recently in our monthly email, but, here it is for everyone here. This is a recent photo of the most current version we have. We're still going through testing and design but it's getting closer. The overall fit and finish is very nice, we just have a couple kinks to work out and some colors to pick. Currently on the list are Black, FDE, ODG, Grey (original chassis panels) plus white, blue, red and dark brown.

Attachments

• f9ca2357-5ff2-4f86-9c53-7f817a49d8ba.jpg
    f9ca2357-5ff2-4f86-9c53-7f817a49d8ba.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 917
Last edited:
Will we be able to preorder? I have a model 10, 4.27"screw spacing that would love to be in a new stock.

This was sent out recently in our monthly email, but, here it is for everyone here. This is a recent photo of the most current version we have. We're still going through testing and design but it's getting closer. The overall fit and finish is very nice, we just have a couple kinks to work out and some colors to pick. Currently on the list are Black, FDE, ODG, Grey (original chassis panels) plus white, blue, red and dark brown.
We're not taking pre-orders at the moment. We may consider it as we get closer to nailing down a release date.
Can’t tell from the photo very well, but is the buttstock a little higher than on most stocks so it’s in line with the bore?

Reactions: Jason.N
Still working out a few small details guys, but we're getting very close ;) I am not directly involved on this one, but the Engineer responsible is crushing it and coming ever closer to full production release!

- Josh

Still working out a few small details guys, but we're getting very close ;) I am not directly involved on this one, but the Engineer responsible is crushing it and coming ever closer to full production release!

- Josh
Can ww get a sit rep? Gotta be soon.

Any word on this yet @MDT_Josh ?
I see it has been renamed the MDT Field Stock. I’m really looking forward to this as a KRG Bravo alternative for a Ruger American.

Attachments

• 317448EB-D988-4362-AB55-2007D3CB5DF0.jpeg
    317448EB-D988-4362-AB55-2007D3CB5DF0.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Jason.N
Any word on this yet @MDT_Josh ?
I see it has been renamed the MDT Field Stock. I’m really looking forward to this as a KRG Bravo alternative for a Ruger American.
Still working on it and it's been a bit of a nightmare to design around unfortunately! We are very close to launch now and they're going to be an awesome alternative to the MDT XRS, KRG Bravo or Cadex Strike Nuke.

Sorry I don't have better news,
Josh

Still working on it and it's been a bit of a nightmare to design around unfortunately! We are very close to launch now and they're going to be an awesome alternative to the MDT XRS, KRG Bravo or Cadex Strike Nuke.

Josh
Thanks for the update. Hoping it comes soon.

Reactions: MDT_Josh

Josh

Once you finish I, can MDT work on delivering a light chassis for hunting that doesn't need exotic materials?

That looks promising, another great option. Good to see folks being innovative in this industry. You younger guys don't know what it was like years ago to wait 2 years for some old chain smoking grouch to start your build and it was probably a reworked 700 into a McMillan with a hinged floor plate. Not that was a bad thing, just like the model T-you can have any color you want-as long as it was black!

They are in production now (R700 SA) and we were hoping to have them on shelves before SHOT. I don't know the actual release date just yet, but we can't be far away now!

- Josh
Glad to hear that some progress is being made. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Glad to hear that some progress is being made. Thanks for the update.
This has been an extremely challenging project for our team and we have learned a TON from going through it. We're very excited have this chassis released and can't wait to get it in you guys' hands, but we need to ensure that it is legendary and meets all of our standards (even if it only costs $299) before leaving the factory!

- Josh

Was excited for this as an even better value than a bravo. Should have made enough on my $299 in interest to go buy the KRG lol. Disappointed