• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hrgriffin

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2022
Texas
I haven’t found a thread or really a reliable method to find any and all new riflescope offerings announcements from Shot Show 2024.

Anyone at Shot Show or those paying attention to product announcements willing to share with us?

Reactions: DubfromGA and Pog
So far I’ve seen the new Burris Eliminator 6 laser range finding and ballistic calculating/solving scope.
Specs:
4-20x56
1/8 MOA adjustments
40 MOA elevation/windage adjustment capability
Made in Philippines

Khales 328i
Magnification:3,5 - 28
Objective lens diameter:50 mm
Exit pupil:1,8 - 7,4 mm
Eye relief:92 mm
Field of view:14,3 - 1,8 m/100 m
Diopter compensation:+2 / -3 dpt
Twilight factor (DIN 58388):13,2 - 37,4
Impact correction per click:.1 MRAD
Adjustment range (E/W):3,4 / 1,3 m/100 m
Parallax adjustment:20 m till ∞
Tube diameter:36 mm
Length:360 mm
Weight:1040 g
Focal plane:1.
Illuminated:Yes

Looks like Leopoldo came out with their Mark 4 line up with several different offerings.
The offerings are in the following mag ranges; 1-4.5, 2.5-10, 4.5-18, and 8-32.

Don't hate the sources of info, but they seem to be reporting the most the fastest.

Looks like PA is doing a pretty major overhaul on the PLXc 1-8 with their Nova illumination and changing it over to SFP, which is supposed to be lighter weight and shorter.
They are also releasing a GLX 1X prism with "infinite" eye relief.

Holosun is releasing some more dots too:
"Full Size" units with full NV and IR integration sound like they are intended to hit the market this year.
A dot with a HUGE window and the MRS.

There is a dot/light combo that communicate and feed an IR image back to the dot from the light... POC right now, but it looks cool.

Trijicon is releasing a new 1-10.

Griffin is releasing "value-priced" optics... whatever that means.

US Optics dropped a new T series scope (Chinese) for hunting crossover stuff. 3-18 power. I haven't seen the specs on it though.

Reactions: Frankr
Don't hate the sources of info, but they seem to be reporting the most the fastest.

Looks like PA is doing a pretty major overhaul on the PLXc 1-8 with their Nova illumination and changing it over to SFP, which is supposed to be lighter weight and shorter.
They are also releasing a GLX 1X prism with "infinite" eye relief.

Holosun is releasing some more dots too:
"Full Size" units with full NV and IR integration sound like they are intended to hit the market this year.
A dot with a HUGE window and the MRS.

There is a dot/light combo that communicate and feed an IR image back to the dot from the light... POC right now, but it looks cool.

Trijicon is releasing a new 1-10.

Griffin is releasing "value-priced" optics... whatever that means.

The PLX-C 1-8 is not going to be shorter or lighter. It's the same optic with just a different reticle (nova) and SFP instead of FFP.

I got more of a problem with companies being shady with their marketing of Chinese optics. You ask where the product is made and some of the typical responses being, "Designed in house", "Designed in America", "we have our own factory overseas", and anything they can come up with so they don't have to admit it's made in China. FFS just be honest, you'll gain more respect and earn more customers that way.

Anyways, Steiner's new scope and thermal clip on.

Last edited:
There is a SS2024 thread going, but it just turned into an argument about the virtues and faults of expensive single stage presses and now the new product info is hard to find.
Well, looks like this thread will take a nose dive into the Chyna abyss and likely follow the downward spiral of the SS2024 thread.

Not a scope but Flux (can’t remember the rest of the company name) is making a motorized optic zoom system that you put in your scope and with the push of a button it will twist your magnification ring.

The also have a slide mount for your AR handguard that does it.

Seems pretty slick for competitions or for somebody who wants to zoom without moving their body.

Not a scope but Flux (can’t remember the rest of the company name) is making a motorized optic zoom system that you put in your scope and with the push of a button it will twist your magnification ring.

Seems pretty slick for competitions or for somebody who wants to zoom without moving their body.
The problem I saw with the slide top rail mount was that it loosened or broke after awhile unless that was a different company's.

Griffin getting into the rebranded Chinese OEM optic game like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Trijicon switching their LOW 1-8 for a LOW 1-10 like everyone else. 🥱

That sounds interesting, I assume there is a remote control unit (bluetooth?). Can't find anything doing a web search, will have to keep my eye open, if it's not too bulky or cumbersome and can withstand some recoil, this paired with the new Revic and the new Vortex weapon mounted Impact 4000 could be a really interesting combo...

Speaking of the new Revic, I don't think anyone mentioned it yet here, they have a replacement for the PMR, it is the new LOW 4-25x50 scope (used by Zeiss and Element) but with Revic's HUD - Radikl RS25B I believe is the model:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Hrgriffin
The problem I saw with the slide top rail mount was that it loosened or broke after awhile unless that was a different company's.

Griffin getting into the rebranded Chinese OEM optic game like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Trijicon switching their LOW 1-8 for a LOW 1-10 like everyone else. 🥱
If it breaks or comes loose that sucks. I was hoping for something to put on my coyote rig with the 1-8 that’s in there.

Athlon new thermal scopes and handhelds. Ares SPR and Heras benchrest/f-class style, Talos BTR G2 fixed 10x, straight wall and shotgun, crossbow BDC optics, saddle type mount, Midas Flash pistol dot (RMR footprint, 50k hour life), Kronus tactical spotter Gen 2, Kronus G2 spotter revamp, Midas mil reticle bino,

Reactions: Jazz30-06
Which if any of Athlon's new products are not made in China? TYIA

With regard to sport optics only the Cronus line is made in Japan, everything else is China that I am aware of.
Yep I know that. Asking about brand new products just being revealed at SHOT.

The PLX-C 1-8 is not going to be shorter or lighter. It's the same optic with just a different reticle (nova) and SFP instead of FFP.
The rep in the video said it was going to be shorter and lighter at 12:45...

I really like this concept that March revealed this week as well. To me after seeing a scope design like this makes me wonder why has anyone done this before. I really like it, seems like one of those inventions that are an absolute no brainer.

Very much dig the combo. I wonder what the weight difference will be?

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
I really like this concept that March revealed this week as well. To me after seeing a scope design like this makes me wonder why has anyone done this before. I really like it, seems like one of those inventions that are an absolute no brainer.

Here across the pond, rails are pretty common for hunting scopes and do much the same thing. Zeiss and Leica use the Zeiss rail and Swarovski has the SR rail. This is the first direct picatinny I have seen.

Brilliant! I know Zeiss has their version of built in mount but I think I may like this March option better especially if the bases can be replaced so you can get a unit for 0 MOA, 20 MOA and maybe even more, that is really slick. Biggest question will be accessories, if someone wants to put a diving board or bubble level on there how would they do so?

I was curious if March had anything new to talk about.

Here across the pond, rails are pretty common for hunting scopes and do much the same thing. Zeiss and Leica use the Zeiss rail and Swarovski has the SR rail. This is the first direct picatinny I have seen.
I've seen the Zeiss and Leica rails but think this design is better, really curious to learn more.

We were involved in a "back n forth" about this general concept if memory serves a few months ago, where there were some "thumbs down" about its prospects.

If memory serves/correct me if I'm wrong, during the discussion Lowlight had mentioned the help he was giving some of the folks in one of his particular classes that hadn't set up their scopes properly in their rings.

This is going to wholesale eliminate a lot of that whether or not these folks should learn how to do it right in the first place.

Yes, given the chance, even w/what March just came up with, it's still a good idea to know how to do it the right way.

Glad March went ahead and did this, it is brilliant, it is a no brainer, it is about time, and even if some folks consider it laziness if some folks can't take the time to learn how to line up a scope in their rings the right way, what the hell.

A long time ago, I took pride in learning how to drive a "stick shift", now cars come w/an automatic transmission, what the hell.

Progress.

BTW: It'll help more folks to shoot better/sell more scopes/help scope outfits and vendors put food on the table.

Prediction.... After watching this, watch how many folks will be tripping over each other to come out w/a version of this.

Last edited:
I like to fine tune eye relief and I use different height rings for different setups. I know some people purposefully cant the scope in their rings to counteract their natural cant of the rifle to their body. Not saying any of that is right or wrong, just obvious things you can't do if the mount is machined into the scope. As has been mentioned, many scopes in Europe have a machined "rail" to attach without rings

1706220589554.png

It's cool to have options though.

Yes, it is cool to have options, I don't disagree, and what March has come up w/is just another option, and I didn't mean to suggest it to be the "be all/end all".

It's still brilliant.

The thought/idea I'd mentioned in the earlier discussion was machining a couple of notches in a scope, and a groove machined into the bottom of the rings which would also give you the option of using a scope w/o notches where it would enable you to make adjustments and yes that wouldn't be the complete answer either.

Last edited:
I like to fine tune eye relief and I use different height rings for different setups. I know some people purposefully cant the scope in their rings to counteract their natural cant of the rifle to their body. Not saying any of that is right or wrong, just obvious things you can't do if the mount is machined into the scope. As has been mentioned, many scopes in Europe have a machined "rail" to attach without rings

View attachment 8332465

It's cool to have options though.
I do this as well, but so many options for canted butts it's not as big an issue as it used to be. Most still don't know about natural hold and square everything up to the receiver and constantly fight with their natural hold as a result, but I still like the idea of a built in mount as long as they consider accessory attachment points...

Reactions: Convex
From what I've read the Primary Arms prism scopes and red dots are made in china. However the GLx scopes are made in Phillipines and the PLx scopes in Japan from what I understand.
I know, I was just naming some quality PRC-made optics brands. I’ve had excellent luck with both. 👍🏼

Eotech:

Less expensive Vudu line with some discussion of what sounds like could be some MPVOs?

Reactions: JS8588