• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot show pass

Re: Shot show pass

Can't offer you one, but I will see you there if you snag one!

Your asking for a pass pretty late in the game. Normally this info is submitted months ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your asking for a pass pretty late in the game. Normally this info is submitted months ago. </div></div>

Yeah I just found out yesterday I was going to be in Vegas on the corresponding dates for other business didn't plan this trip just got lucky.

Figured it's still worth a try I'd hate to be in town and unable to go what a crying shame that would be
laugh.gif

You never know. You find the right person they might could get you in. I am not in a position of power to ask for more tickets. I get 3 a year and those were assigned 3 months ago.

I'd help if I could!

If you can't find one. Then just go to the bar the night before and buy a few drinks for one of the sales reps. One of them will get you in. Tons of factory reps there in the bars. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You never know. You find the right person they might could get you in. I am not in a position of power to ask for more tickets. I get 3 a year and those were assigned 3 months ago.

I'd help if I could! </div></div>

The sentiment is much appreciated
smile.gif

I've got to go to town either way, just happened to luck out on some coincidental timing!
laugh.gif
Either way it should be a good time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can't find one. Then just go to the bar the night before and buy a few drinks for one of the sales reps. One of them will get you in. Tons of factory reps there in the bars. Tom. </div></div>

I may try that out social engineering hahaha

Just curious, what does it cost to obtain a pass? And, my wife has a photography business, can you get in with that type of business? Her birthday is that week and thought it would maybe be a good birthday trip!
wink.gif

I didn't mean take photos there, but if a photography business and not FFL business could get you in. From what I understand you have to be a business to go to Shot Show and didn't know if a photography business was an excepted business. Surely they have photography and video booths there.?.?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.shotshow.org/en/Attendee-Information/Attendance-Rules/

"NO Photography – STRICTLY ENFORCED! Photography or video recording at the show is prohibited except by those with valid media badges or other authorized individuals. Surveillance equipment is in use 24/7."

Be careful. See you guys there. </div></div>

Good to know.

I think I may have sorted this out. Thanks guys.

I'm not sure but some have said there was some kind of approval needed before Shot approved the issuing of the badge this year.

I had a buddy who registered on-line and they wanted fax or email proof of Shot Show related business prior to badge approval.

I didn't have to do this but it could be because I have an FFL and attended previous years with the same FFL.

I do know Shot had complaints of people attending that had nothing to do with the industry so maybe that had something to do with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't mean take photos there, but if a photography business and not FFL business could get you in. From what I understand you have to be a business to go to Shot Show and didn't know if a photography business was an excepted business. Surely they have photography and video booths there.?.? </div></div>

Nope. You have to be affiliated in some way with the firearms industry to be considered for a pass. You cant just show up cause you want to! Or you have to know the right people to get in

Just cus I'm curious, does a C&R FFL qualify to get you a pass??

This is new this year. It's much more difficult to get in there now. There used to be a thing called "Guest of Show".

Attendee Registration Identification & Validation

Attendance at the SHOT Show is RESTRICTED to the shooting, hunting and outdoor trade and commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products and services ONLY. The show is not open to the public, and NO one under age 16 shall be admitted (including infants).

Attendees and guests seeking admission to the show must submit the following information at the time of registration (whether online at shotshow.org or in-person at the show):

Current and valid government issued photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport, etc.)
PLUS

Documentation demonstrating current shooting, hunting and outdoor trade affiliation or commercial involvement in the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Note: Show exhibitors and media subject to different credentialing requirements.

Acceptable Documentation Demonstrating Trade or Market Affiliation

In addition to current and valid government issued photo identification, attendees must provide at least one of the following:

Purchase order or invoice issued or received by your company dated within the last 6 months for shooting, hunting, and related outdoor, military, law enforcement or tactical products or services. Invoices and receipts must show your company name and current business address
Business license that includes your company name and business address and which describes your company as related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets (Federal and/or State Tax ID will not be accepted)
Resale certificate that includes your company name and business address and which describes your company as related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Commercial lease identifying your company name and current business address and which sufficiently demonstrates your company affiliation with the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Company business advertisement in a print magazine, journal, etc. published during the last 6 months related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Company website identifying your company name and current business address and which sufficiently demonstrates your company affiliation with the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
A letter of intent from an attorney or bank on official letterhead stating that you intend to start a business related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets (this is acceptable for new businesses only)
Current employee ID card with photo issued by a business in the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the law enforcement or tactical markets
Other appropriate documentation that clearly demonstrates, as solely determined by show management, you or your company is affiliated with the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the law enforcement or tactical markets
Military Personnel Validation – Military personnel shall be required to furnish a written statement verifying military service from their chain of command
Registrations submitted without current and valid identification AND documentation demonstrating trade or market affiliation will not be processed. The show reserves the right to permit or deny admission to anyone based on information provided, to accept or reject information submitted, and to request additional information, at any time.

Please submit all documentation for review to:

[email protected]
Phone: 203-840-5409
Fax: 203-840-9409

They have been complaining about people who are not in the business for the last 25 years or more. But it obviously does not mean that much to them. It is as simple as heck to get in if you really want too. A couple of drinks has gotten me in a couple of times when I decided at the last minute to go, and didn't process my card ahead of time. They complain, but they have no problem taking the money. They just put on a face to try and appease the dealers.

The show was set up for stocking dealers who sell retail. And distributors who sell to those retailers. But as in everything else, it has gotten totally out of whack. And the bigger it gets the more press they get, And the more money they make. That is all they really care about. That and charging the mfrs. more and more each year for less and less. Tom.