• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot timers

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Starting up a PRS Regional club series and need some shot timers. I'd like some input on what is available.

Ideally, it can pick up suppressed shots, but near by shots (15-20 yards) won't trigger it. Any suggestions?

Anyone run the CED7000? The time display would be handy for PRS Skills stages.

tagged for interest.

I'm looking for one that could be used for handgun/carbine training as well.

I’ve used Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II the last few years. You can set the delay from 1 to 9 seconds, i mostly train with a random delay set from 1 to 5 seconds. It takes a 9 volt battery, and has decent battery life. I’ve been pleased with the performance and especially the size, clips righ to your belt and never seems to get in the way. I use it for pistol, rifle, and carbine. The only negative I’ve encountered was it was’nt picking up shots with the 9mm carbines. I changed the sensitivity and problem solved. Really easy to use and set up. I used a C E Pro TNT for close to 40 years, still works, but I figured I might as well join the 21st century!
14E5C2AD-545C-47F1-98CC-C99B11E20E4D.jpeg
F0EB546E-50EF-4B13-939B-2334A1DD35E2.jpeg

Starting up a PRS Regional club series and need some shot timers. I'd like some input on what is available.

Ideally, it can pick up suppressed shots, but near by shots (15-20 yards) won't trigger it. Any suggestions?

Anyone run the CED7000? The time display would be handy for PRS Skills stages.

No clue on suppressed shots but the CED7000 has an adjustable sensitivity setting.

We use the CED7000's at our club, and they work reasonably well (I think between the club and us RO's we have like 6 now). I just wish they had a way to change the tone or pitch of the buzzer. When we run 5+ squads, it can get confusing to some shooters when they hear the beep from next stage over. Also, if you're too close to another shooter, it picks up the other shooter's shots on the timer function.

Not a deal breaker by any means, but something you have to be aware of if you're tracking times (for tie breakers) and running in close proximity to another squad/target engagement.

Reactions: aljones_315
We use the CED7000's at our club, and they work reasonably well (I think between the club and us RO's we have like 6 now). I just wish they had a way to change the tone or pitch of the buzzer. When we run 5+ squads, it can get confusing to some shooters when they hear the beep from next stage over. Also, if you're too close to another shooter, it picks up the other shooter's shots on the timer function.

Not a deal breaker by any means, but something you have to be aware of if you're tracking times (for tie breakers) and running in close proximity to another squad/target engagement.

Thanks for the info!