• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Shotgun county folks ? I suggest ya check into these ...

tacops1

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2009
    Maryland USA
    For y’all whitetail hunters in shotgun county that like fine stuff I figured I’d share ....I wanted quality stuff and rifle like performance so I built this. I been pleased with its performance

I went with the Savage 220 20 gauge Bolt action slug gun

I ordered a Mcmillan HTG stock and had their rifle section install the barreled action

I’m using ARC M10 Rings & I find these rings to be amazing quality

Leupold VX5 HD 2-10x42 optic which is some great glass for the money on a hunting shotgun

Hoptic USA Bubble level is mounted to the EGW pic rail

Harris BRMS Bipod with pod loc is on the front along with limbsaver sling.

I had Kampfeld customs spiral flute the bolt and cerakote it black

This gun eats up Remington Accutips 2 3/4” and spits em out at amazing accuracy

I highly suggest checking these out they are old news and widely used but ya don’t see too many tricked out ones

Attachments

• CEB74E75-5F23-40E9-A570-1EA398E7C5AB.jpeg
      CEB74E75-5F23-40E9-A570-1EA398E7C5AB.jpeg
      981.1 KB · Views: 101
    • C0FA74FD-E90C-442C-9093-42DA425B86A7.jpeg
      C0FA74FD-E90C-442C-9093-42DA425B86A7.jpeg
      576.5 KB · Views: 102
    Last edited:
    That is one sweet set-up! When my 870 Super Slug Gun needs replacing (which may be never), that Savage 220 is top of my list. They even offer it in a southpaw as a bonus. Nice work! Always loved the HTG stock and never even considered it on a shotgun. Time to reconsider...

Reactions: tacops1
    That is one sweet set-up! When my 870 Super Slug Gun needs replacing (which may be never), that Savage 220 is top of my list. They even offer it in a southpaw as a bonus. Nice work! Always loved the HTG stock and never even considered it on a shotgun. Time to reconsider...

HTG stock is amazing on them def give it a try. You’ll never turn back. It’s just funny cause the stock is more than the gun lol 😂 but it’s worth it.

Shotgun county is a bummer, but I like that setup! Might have to look into building something like that. Did the stock need any major inlet modifications over the standard savage footprint?

Shotgun county is a bummer, but I like that setup! Might have to look into building something like that. Did the stock need any major inlet modifications over the standard savage footprint?

It is a bummer .... but these 220’s have no issues 100 to 200 yards

I’m not sure I know they make it specific for this model and I had them install it too. I’m not too knowledgeable about the savage footprint in generals

Last edited:
    I have a 12.5" AR pistol in 6.8SPC that is considered a legal handgun for MN shotgun zones. IA also allows for some straight wall cartridges such as 350 Legend and 450 Bushmaster in their shotgun zones. But yeah, with today's sabots, rifled slug barrels, and the right optics, 200yds is very doable and repeatable. My 12g 870 has laid down more whitetails than any of my other firearms, and does so with authority.

Sav 212's and 220's are my biggest slug gun sellers, barre none. They are hammers out to 2-250y, with the right sabot, after removing the plastic POS stock.

I have a 12.5" AR pistol in 6.8SPC that is considered a legal handgun for MN shotgun zones. IA also allows for some straight wall cartridges such as 350 Legend and 450 Bushmaster in their shotgun zones.

Here behind enemy lines of Illinois we can use a single shot AR pistol, too. I used a 10 1/2" barreled 300AAC in AR config last year. I have a non-designated SA bolt action laying on the bench now. I intend on spinning up a short 300AAC barrel and throwing is in a MDT LSS chassis to use this year. Just something different, ya know.

That thing looks sweet. I have the 212 with a Leupold on it as well. Good slug guns for sure

The H&R Ultra Sluggers are no joke either. Hammered a small doe at 268 a few years back

The H&R Ultra Sluggers are no joke either. Hammered a small doe at 268 a few years back
    They are very good but it sucks they discontinued making them I couldn’t believe it when that happened

I just never seen any good upgraded stocks etc for those