• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Should even consider using a two piece mount?

JoeBUtah

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2012
Salt Lake City, UT
Picked up a new rifle, Savage Model 16 Bolt Action in 6.5 Creed, and now it's time to mount some glass. I have two other precision rifles, Remington MilSPec 5R and a home grown AR15. I installed a single piece 20moa base for 5R and NF Unimount (20moa) on the AR. While the Savage isn't listed as a precision rifle, of course I'd like to get the most out of it. I've got a scope picked out, and am now just deciding on how to mount it; I think I'll go again with a single 20moa mount, but just wanted some input with respect to two piece mounts. Are they even worth considering or should I stick with a one piece and count on bedding it?

I'll be using this primarily for steel at long lange; I've joined the 1000 yd club with the 5R in .308, but that can be a bunch of work, hence the 6.5 CM. I'm not a hunter, but it isn't out of the question to put in for an antelope and/or deer in the future.

Mike @ Tac-Ops only uses two piece mounts and we all know how his rifles shoot. I get mine from him. Very good price superb quality.