• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should gamers be accountable for in-game war crimes?

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    This made me laugh out loud,

What the Red Cross wants to see then is the player being penalized for carrying out such actions as willfully killing civilians or torturing enemy combatants, both of which are punishable under international law. A Q&A document posted on the organization's website explains:

The ICRC is suggesting that as in real life, these games should include virtual consequences for people's actions and decisions. Gamers should be rewarded for respecting the law of armed conflict and there should be virtual penalties for serious violations of the law of armed conflict, in other words war crimes.
    And importantly it adds:

Our intention is not to spoil player's enjoyment by for example, interrupting the game with pop-up messages listing legal provisions or lecturing gamers on the law of armed conflict. We would like to see the law of armed conflict integrated into the games so that players have a realistic experience and deal first-hand with the dilemmas facing real combatants on real battlefields.

lol what the fu-- crimes in a game how does that work or do you mean like pita throwing a fit and snowflakes melting ? if you mean people hurting other people's feelings I say its too dam bad its a game suck it up . People need thicker skin not just tissue paper for protection . I thought that was the whole reasoning behind online gaming tears are just so sweet . I mean why put your self out online if you have such a weak self image if what someone you may never meet or know could influence your feelings or make you day or even a minute of your day bad , why ?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Basher
    So first off, this article is from October of 2013. :ROFLMAO: This isn’t a new concept by any means.

Secondly, despite it’s age, it’s still an absolutely idiotic idea that will never catch on. IT’S A GAME. That’s the point, it’s a simulation, an escape from reality. But then again, the mere suggestion of the idea isn’t too surprising, as the left is chock full of cognitive dissonance on almost every level. They deny reality all the time, but if it doesn’t fit their agenda, then by all means, throw the book at the offender!

Liberalism is a mental disorder when taken to extremes...

Reactions: acudaowner
    wow...all the other shit to improve upon in our society and the snowflakes choose this topic. I can just see it now, police knock on the door," hello mam is your 8 year old son Johnny home? Yes he is, whats going on? He's under arrest for playing a video game.

@Basher - good catch on the article date, still just amazing.

Reactions: acudaowner
    Oh shit,

just saw it appear in my feed, so someone bored must have found it,

I missed the date completely, but in hindsight, still silly to even mention it

Eh, no worries. You know more than anyone here that it ain’t the first time someone’s “necroposted...” :ROFLMAO: Besides, with the current state of things, more people are gaming than ever, and to think the left has dropped this kind of ideology from their to do list would be foolish!

Arma II sold 10x the copies for the zombie mod than the actual 'real life simulation' game play, hint.

FPS gamers don't want nor do they care about reality. Graphics n game speed win every time... why because it's just entertainment.

Hmmm let me think

Fuck no its at best a simulation of real life and not particularly real enough to even give that merit

but if i did humor the notion lets think further "Games" such as:

PUBG

lets get a heap of convicts drop em out the back of a plane and create a ring of asshole to push em into having to knock each other faster and make dumb decisions

GTA

lets steal military hardware and kick around planting civilians

COD modern warfare

walk through a russian airport with a belt fed

any game with flamethrowers

any games with non combatants gettin massacred

So if they wanna go into that sort of thing most gaming communities are going to smile and nod and just create mods

When is this convolution of anything going to end and why do we care what people who wish to dictate their world view and bring it into law we got more laws than people I swear.

The only other way to look at it if we aren't punishing every real in theater war crime why in the hell do we care for a few pixels.

nup thats the check if they are really dead test

^^^^ no, but getting left with blue balls after a pillow fight with one of the girls @hermosabeach likes to post should be!

Yeah there is some talent gettin about there Uff this lockdowns hittin hard but on the upside it aint quite a gulag where u need to pay someone in food to get inspiration to keep world peace

The failure of modern warfare is that it places way to much value on the lives of civilians. WWI and WWI would have been lost to evil, had we played by the rules of the Red Cross and UN. Next thing you know, the Red Cross will want to require psych evals for people that have thoughts contrary to their rules. F'm and feed'm fish heads.

With this thinking I’ll get a call from my insurance company when I crash a G6 in Grand theft auto. ?

I shot my team mate in the ass in Arma III and ran over all the civilians in the first grand theft auto.

Ooops.
    Shoot your buddy in the ass playin paintbal or even worse with simmunition then ya might have a little give n take . They need ta eff off with this gamer crap . Hell I used to frag friendlies playin Rainbow Six . Waz up .

Reactions: equilibrium
    I’ll be 100% on board.. the second democrats are held to the constitution.

Fuck no. This can be taken too far.

What’s to stop, say the state of Virginia, from sending you a reckless driving ticket for exceeding the speed limit in Forza Horizon? Cause you know those fuckers would do it if they could, in the name of "safety" ;)

Reactions: Aries256
    When I read the thread title, I was thinking this was a play of words on match gamers. Lol

This made me laugh out loud,

What the Red Cross wants to see then is the player being penalized for carrying out such actions as willfully killing civilians or torturing enemy combatants, both of which are punishable under international law. A Q&A document posted on the organization's website explains:

And importantly it adds:
    Well that is the most retarded load of bullshit ive ever seen. Only a brain dead communist libtard could’ve come up with that pile of puke.

Both Conservatives and Liberals act like such fucking cunts when it comes to violent video games. I loved how when the GTA series first came into the public and right away people were saying it's nothing but a game where you kill cops all day. Really!? Anyone who's played a GTA game knows you want to avoid killing cops because the game is unplayable if your wanted level is filled up. Same thing sorta happened with Bully. Just by the name alone people said it was a bully simulator. If they actually played the game they'd see that the point of the game is beating the bullies.

Fuck it I'm going back to playing The Sims and starve my Sims or burn them alive!

Corpus Delicti?

Most "gamers" would be found unable to contribute to their defense.

this was a few nights ago, took forever to upload after the capture

4BFFD4D7-1D9B-4EB3-8C0D-4E3F77C3F87C.gif

sounds like someone is sitting at home bored with nothing else to think about...

Boy they would hate what I did with my evil characters in skyrim and fallout 4.

If you kill an enemy combatant in real life, then t-bag the shit outta his/her face, is that a crime? Asking for a friend.

Here is however what I find funny about the whole video game business and the media / government / politicians.

So some years back there was an uproar because there was a hack patch you could run in GTA that let you go back to your house and watch your character in shadow making out with another shadow behind a curtain.

The news media and politicians were up in arms about how this could possibly be harmful to some poor young minds and it needs to get immediately resolved and everyone sued and so on and so forth.....

This was apparently just totally horrible......
    In a game where you spent the entire time robbing, murdering, stealing, carjacking, mugging, shooting it out with the police, robbing hookers, destroying as much of the city as possible.

God forbid the basement dweller should think about sex when he should be thinking about mayhem, murder and theft.

Here is however what I find funny about the whole video game business and the media / government / politicians.

So some years back there was an uproar because there was a hack patch you could run in GTA that let you go back to your house and watch your character in shadow making out with another shadow behind a curtain.

The news media and politicians were up in arms about how this could possibly be harmful to some poor young minds and it needs to get immediately resolved and everyone sued and so on and so forth.....

This was apparently just totally horrible......
    In a game where you spent the entire time robbing, murdering, stealing, carjacking, mugging, shooting it out with the police, robbing hookers, destroying as much of the city as possible.

God forbid the basement dweller should think about sex when he should be thinking about mayhem, murder and theft.

Yup, GTA San Andreas is my favorite GTA game and I remember that controversy and how every copy of the game had to be pulled from shelves and given the AO rating instead of M. Basically what it originally was was a mini game that accompanied the girlfriend mechanics in the game. Instead of removing that mini game from the game files all together, they just locked it so instead of doing the mini game, you would just see the outside of the house you were banging your girlfriend in and hear a bunch of moaning and screaming. Gamers discovered the locked mini game and then unlocked it.

Reactions: W54/XM-388