• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

should i bet my 22?

villhelm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
oregon
was considering trying my first bed job on one of my spare 22 stocks, will i see any noticeable increase in accuracy from doing this? Regardless i still might try it out any info will be appreciated
smile.gif

Re: should i bet my 22?

its a marlin 925 (bolt action) 22lr, I was planning on useing devcon its just the el cheapo wooden stock that came with the rifle.

I have a marlin 925r that I replaced the original plastic stock with a boyds evo. I shot it with the new stock and it was no better than the factory one. I then bedded the action and now it will shoot 1/2" at 50 with CCI blazer. I will say that the gun was capable of these groups with more expensive ammo before bedding but it didn't shoot blazer consistently. Now it will shoot good groups with cheap ammo. I still get fliers every once in a while but overall price for performance I can live with the groups that I get shooting Blazer. So to answer your question I think you will see an improvement after bedding.

I bedded a Ruger 10/22 action and the first 2" if the barrel in the new Boyds "Tacticool" stock. I have not finished testing it, but I did not notice any improvements right away. The rifle did shoot pretty well to begin with though.