• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I break down and change my address on my license or wait until I move? Made some headway.

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Hadn't thought about it. Currently in graduate school and my lease runs out on my apartment at the end of the month. I go back and forth from my apartment and the permanent address on my drivers license a good bit and just never changed it. Once I graduate I plan to move back there or sell out if I can't find a job there.

Probably should have thought about it since I ordered a barreled receiver from Europtic to local FFL near the school. Guy asked about my permanent address and I said I am currently in graduate school. Which is 3 hours away from my permanent address. They are making me wait until June when I move back to the permanent address or go to the DMV and get the license changed. I got a signed paper stating they would hold the gun for me. Not a problem though in the back of my mind I feel like I might get screwed some other way.

I am not sure if it would be worth going through the DMV or just wait until I move back to the address. My mail also goes to the permanent address.

Made some head way.

Called eurooptic and they made the suggestion of seeing how other FFL's handle this situation with students. A few other local places and a big box sporting goods store said I need to bring in a copy of my schedule or something that shows I am a full time student/something with this apartments address on it. When classes are out, I can get it because my apartment is no longer my permanent address.

Went over the ffl with eh receiver. Went through the student stuff, wouldn't except any paperwork with the apartment address on it unless it was a hunting/fishing license. Luckily for me classes went out last week, and I am planning to just move back since all my data is completed and I am just writing anyways. Said I could fill out the 4473 tomorrow.

Hopefully nothing else gets in the way. I am tempted to just have it shipped to another FFL back home.

Picked it up today.

Last edited:
Uhh, wtf. No one has ever asked me if the address on the 4473 is my "permanent" address. Just fill out the form with whatever your ID says.

But if it's too late, go to the DMV, pick up your stuff.

Yea its too late, I think he knew the address on my license was a good ways from the shop. I can't really do anything with the receiver until I graduate anyways. As long as I have the bill of sale from eurpotic and the ticket I should be ok right?

Its the same state. So I'm guessing I just ran into a complete dickhead then. I hate this fucking town. I've never had an issue like this in the past. Just to be clear, they won't let me start the paperwork until the address makes sense. I never got to the background check.

Last edited:
IDK if it matters in your state, but in TN the address on your license has to be current or updated in the Dept. of Safety database.

IDK if it matters in your state, but in TN the address on your license has to be current or updated in the Dept. of Safety database.

It might be, I completely forgot about it. I really don't even live up here full time now. Im mostly writing my thesis so I ordered it to pick it up while I was up here for a meeting.

If the 4473 and the ID don't match, that's probably the issue. You're good, just be patient.

I can say that our "essential employees" at the DMV in AZ are enjoying a nice gov paycheck and only working " by appointment only". And you can't get an appointment.

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
You told the truth and he did the correct legal thing...where’s the problem here?

I guess it might help me finish my thesis then. I guess I'll wait until the lease runs out and I move back in June. Long as it doesn't get lost lol.

Made some head way.

Called eurooptic and they made the suggestion of seeing how other FFL's handle this situation with students. A few other local places and a big box sporting goods store said I need to bring in a copy of my schedule or something that shows I am a full time student/something with this apartments address on it. When classes are out, I can get it because my apartment is no longer my permanent address.

Went over the ffl with eh receiver. Went through the student stuff, wouldn't except any paperwork with the apartment address on it unless it was a hunting/fishing license. Luckily for me classes went out last week, and I am planning to just move back since all my data is completed and I am just writing anyways. Said I could fill out the 4473 tomorrow.

Hopefully nothing else gets in the way. I am tempted to just have it shipped to another FFL back home.

If it's the same state WTF does it matter?

Right?

The Stasi here dictate you inform them and change your ID within 7 days "or else".

I said fuck 'em, got the same address on it I've had for years. I just tell 'em I own multiple properties. When they renew my license they keep telling me it's an apartment, "which one?" they ask.

I say "all 'em" and smile.

It was actually my ex fat wife's job managing the place, but whatever.

My big thing right now is making the commies feel bad. So how a lot of places demand your physical address when it's none of their goddamn business? And you have a PO box where any correspondence would have to go anyway? Yeah. That bullshit. Tell 'em your homeless, "And are you happy now! You know what, just give me your supervisor!" That does it man. You can go all the way to the top with that one. Sit back and enjoy while they "buh-buh-buh". Stumbled on it purely by accident... What the fuck are they gonna do anyway, right?

Don't have to own property or rent to drive or whatever the fuck.

Reactions: supercorndogs