• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SHOULD I BUY A SURGEON RAZOR

SAKOstalker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2004
USA
SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING BUYING ONE IN 308. PLEASE TALK ME INTO IT OR OUT OF IT...

Re: SHOULD I BUY A SURGEON RAZOR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you can afford it, there isn't a reason not to do it. </div></div>

+1

I have had 10-12 different rifles built buy some of top gunsmith here in the US.
After seeing a Surgeon rifle shoot a 1/2" group at 200 yards I had to try one. Needless to say, all my bolt rifles are now Surgeons!

They are the best of the best; and friendly and courteous people on top of that! Everything state of art!

Just a question since you didn't state it's purpose....do you plan to use the rifle for hunting or target shooting or competition or what? I only ask because the Razor rifles that Surgeon offers usually come in calibers designed for varmint hunting....If you want to use it for target/competition, I'd take a look at the Scalpel rifles ALSO.....Not bashing the Razor's at all, everything Surgeon makes is top notch stuff, just trying to offer advice...

Absolutly, don't even think twice about it. It doesn't matter which combination you decide to go with, Surgeon actions are the best. GAPrecision built mine, a buddy of mine has one built by Surgeon, they are amazing rifles. You will not be disappointed.

simple answer: Yes

Why wouldnt you? help out the economy and buy something
smile.gif

Waiting here on my 338 LM GAP Surgeon, Manners, Bartlein build here so that's my vote. Turned down a few other possibles along the way that would have been way cheaper including a Rem. 700 GAP build or a Sako TRG 42. Buy American, including the components and labor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawhornsoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As per GTr, I would also take a good look at the Scalpel. </div></div>

Could not agree more. I'm biased I suppose, but I could have picked any other make/model when I researched a new rifle build. The results are that I am very happy with my Surgeon Scalpel.

I bought a Scalpel in 6.5 Creedmore late last year and it is a fantastic rifle. Shoots much better than I can and the fit and finish are first rate.

When I bought my rifle I had originally been toying with idea of having a Scalpel built in 308 on an AICS 2.0 in FDE. I had email Surgeon a few times about this before I decided just to buy the Creedmore they had on their site. To my surprise Surgeon swapped out the black skins on the rifle I bought with FDE skins without me even asking. I also got a followup email about three weeks after buying the rifle to see if I was happy. You can't beat service like that.

If you're seriously considering it, you must be able to afford it. I don't own one, but from everything I've heard they are amongst the top builders.

Buy once, cry once. Once you get over the shock of seeing what it'll do to your checking account balance...it'll bring you nothing but joy.

Life's too short to not treat yourself from time to time.

I don't think you need it, but if you absolutely have your mind set on one, I'd be more than happy to evaluate it for you
wink.gif

I have nothing but good things to say about Surgeon, and Stephen from Surgeon Rifles. They are a week away from completing a Remedy for me, and a couple months from completing a Scalpel. Every time I've called Stephen has bent over backwards to help out and answer every question I had. If you have the money, like everyone has said, buy a Surgeon, you won't be disappointed.

I have a Surgeon crusader on a GAP built rifle, I want another one. Surgeon is pure perfection.

I own 4 surgeons, 2 .308s a 6XC and a .338LM. All 4 are hammers!!
In my mind they are the best of the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own 4 surgeons, 2 .308s a 6XC and a .338LM. All 4 are hammers!!
In my mind they are the best of the best. </div></div>

Did surgeon build all four of these rifles or are they built by someone else with a surgeon action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAKOstalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING BUYING ONE IN 308. PLEASE TALK ME INTO IT OR OUT OF IT... </div></div>

BUY THAT RIFLE RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

THIS ONE IS MINE A SCALPEL IN 6.5 LAPUA

Picture080-1.jpg

2 are GAP builds, .308 and .338LM. Another .308 is a Surgeon build and the 6XC was biult by Simon Evans, Wolf creek, Montana.

003-1.jpg

Here they are, bottom to top: GAP surgeon XL .338LM, Surgeon action 6XC Simon Evans build, Surgeon built .308, GAP Surgeon .308.

Wouldnt part with any of them!

sheds017.jpg

Alright PGS you showed us yours, I guess I'll show you mine!!
This GAP Surgeon .308, the only problem I have is it's the only one I've got....someday hopefully sooner than later I can get my hands on another one!!

oam, Soooo..when are you going to learn how to shoot it?
Just kidding! How many rounds have you got through it now?

Oh lets see 700 or so. I won't lie to you, I can't shoot it to its potential. My biggest handicap right now is a rangefinder.
sheds020.jpg

Sorry about the not so good photo, I need my computer guy to come by and make my new scanner work. I'm pretty pleased with the way it shoots.