• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I buy a used Benelli?

LeviSS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
IL
Well, it's not a rifle, but it is semi-auto, and there's no place for shotguns, so I decided I'd post this here.

I've been looking to buy a Benelli M2 sometime in the near future. I've been planning to buy a new one, but wouldn't be opposed to buying one used if I find a good one.

Should I have any reservations about buying one used? I always hear how tought they are. As long as they appear to be reasonably maintained, there shouldn't be any problems, should there?

Any opinions/somments welcome.

Re: Should I buy a used Benelli?

I would think it would be like buying a used 1911 or used AR. In most cases people don't put that many rounds through them. I wouldn't have any reservations about it. Better give it a good lookin over though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would think it would be like buying a used 1911 or used AR. In most cases people don't put that many rounds through them. I wouldn't have any reservations about it. Better give it a good lookin over though. </div></div>
+1

I think there is still a $200 rebate on a new one until the end of the month. Factor that into your decision.

I own three Benelli's and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one used- they are damned tough shotguns.

About their only weakness is the material of the plunger and spring on the inertia action; it's steel and can rust if you do much hunting that involves the gun getting soaked... and fail to dry it out correctly. Good news is, you can replace these components with stainless steel version for a fare price if you determine there is a need. For most, there is not.

I may have a H&K marked Benelli M3S90 for sale here shortly. It's a traditional grip (no pistol) and is clean as can be. I just have way too many shotguns that I never shoot. Let me know if you're interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may have a H&K marked Benelli M3S90 for sale here shortly. It's a traditional grip (no pistol) and is clean as can be. I just have way too many shotguns that I never shoot. Let me know if you're interested. </div></div>
If you go ahead to sell it let me know I might be interested for 3gun.

I have 2 SBE's and a Super 90 all bought used and have been shot like heck. They all have been flawless. One of the SBE's has been used exclusively for 3.5" turkey and duck loads and has been very reliable. They are very solid shotguns, only change I made was the mainspring to SS in the duck/turkey gun because it makes a living getting wet often.