• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I crimp

Picked up a couple semis in 6.5 CR and .308, should I crimp for the semis? Thanks
I haven't had to crimp with my FAL, M1A, AR10, or AR15. That said you'll have to test your ammo and bullet selection in order to determine if a crimp is needed or not. Mine were 308 Win and 5.56 so I have no working knowledge with 6.5 CM. I do keep a Lee Factory Crimp on hand just in case.

Reactions: simonp
When I stopped crimping on my 5.56 Mk262 copy loads and my 6.5CM loads, I gained probably 1/4 MOA in accuracy. My answer is no.

You shouldn't need to. I only crimp for rifles with tubular magazines where there is going to be in-line stress on the bullet. I also recommend the Lee if you are having problems with loose bullets, but if your press is properly set up you should not be having problems.

I run a little tighter neck tension, but I dont crimp either.. .5-.75 MOA accuracy in all 6 different semi-auto platforms in 223/306/6.5cr

Picked up a couple semis in 6.5 CR and .308, should I crimp for the semis? Thanks
If the bullet doesn't have a cannelure then don't crimp it... If it does have a cannelure then you can test it and see if it makes any appreciable difference. Your gun(s) might like it, might hate it, or might not care.

Mike

I’d probably only really worry about crimping if it was a tube fed gun. I don’t crimp anything I load