• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

should i sell outright or find a trade to make weight?

usmc02xx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2012
Locust Grove GA, USA
I've recently gotten into more IBS stuff and have tactical gear, shooting tactical class. I kinda want to swap around so i can make weight for light class. I'm sitting on a nf atacr 5-25 in a spuhr mount and its heavy.... heavy heavy. Also in an ai chassis with bipod. I'm pretty sure that i can make the barreled action work in a benchrest stock with something more like the NF benchrest scope and make weight. Any opinions on whether it would be easier to sell then buy new stuff, or try to find a BR guy looking to get tactical gear?

thanks for the feedback in advance.

I've recently gotten into more IBS stuff and have tactical gear, shooting tactical class. I kinda want to swap around so i can make weight for light class. I'm sitting on a nf atacr 5-25 in a spuhr mount and its heavy.... heavy heavy. Also in an ai chassis with bipod. I'm pretty sure that i can make the barreled action work in a benchrest stock with something more like the NF benchrest scope and make weight. Any opinions on whether it would be easier to sell then buy new stuff, or try to find a BR guy looking to get tactical gear?

thanks for the feedback in advance.
600-1000 or short range ? Chambering ? Bbl length ? You don’t want to start out behind the curve.

600-1000 or short range ? Chambering ? Bbl length ? You don’t want to start out behind the curve.
1000. im using 6.5cm right now but going to rebarrel to 6br. its a pva barrel on an ARC Nucleus action. im getting decent groups but maybe better to just sell the whole thing and start over?

It's not a great time to be selling anything honestly. If you can make whatever you have work, that will likely be your best outcome but whether it can actually be made to work they way you need it to is another question.

Reactions: usmc02xx and mi650
Thanks for the responses. Ill keep chewing it over. Maybe just finish out this season in tactical class and budget out a second rifle for next year in light class.