• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I swap this scope mount out?

What does Warne say about the recoil tolerance of that mount? If they say it’s good for the recoil, then it’s as good as Warne is, and Warne is pretty good. It might be better to have a mount point on the rail directly below that forward ring position, if your rail is long enough for that, but if not, the cantilever takes stress away from your scope tube.

If it works for you now then why are you doubting it? What led to that doubt?

But if there is doubt then just replace it. If you don't need cantilever then get a mount without it. Plenty of solid mounts out there now.

Reactions: CEO10KaDAY
If it works for you now then why are you doubting it? What led to that doubt?

But if there is doubt then just replace it. If you don't need cantilever then get a mount without it. Plenty of solid mounts out there now.

I've just been reading up on various topics here and there about scope mounts. Seems most precision shooters don't opt for the cantilever mount since the flex can lead to decreased accuracy, and I'm trying to learn this sport well enough to the point I can shoot a bees dick off at a mile away.

In any case, I wrote Warne and they wrote me back super fricken quick:

"Those mounts are tested on .416 Ruger and 375 H&H using a solid lead pipe as a scope tube. Somewhere we have a video of some testing I will try and find. It may be on youtube... The main reason for using the cantilever option is to help with eye relief if we need to push that scope out a little further"

I'm not displeased with the results I'm getting so far (albeit my velocity is a little slower than id like, given it may not be stable in the transonic range). Here's a grouping at 100 yards for a load that I was testing. 81.6gr N570, 300 gr Berger, 3.895 COL, CCI 250's, and lapua brass. It was about 2,350 fps. But I'm not mad at those two holes that are on top of each other.

Last edited: