• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Should I worry about Older Nightforce scopes?

pdogsbeware

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2011
Colorado/Minnesota
Yes I did a search and didn't find the answer to this. I know all about the reputation of Nightforce...hence why I'm looking to buy one! My selling points is not just the glass being better than my current Nikon, but the repeatability of adjustment...that's the tie breaker with me.

I found a killer deal on a NXS that was manufactured in 2003, so my question is if I should worry about buying an older model? I just want to make sure their glass wasn't lower grade back then, and if the repeatability was top notch then as it is now...as the repeatability is the reason for me buying an NXS

You can tell me if I'm nitpicking about the age, I won't get offended, I'd just like some opinions please. Thanks

Re: Should I worry about Older Nightforce scopes?

You're nitpicking
wink.gif

The "old" ones are perfectly fine. If it ever has an issue I'm sure NF would warranty it the same as they would a 2 week old scope; my experience with their CS has been top notch.

Thanks for the response. I know it'd be covered with their warranty and that their warranty is great in itself! I'm not the best at explaining myself so bare with me...most scopes don't have "issues", they just aren't precise and repeatable with their tracking, but there's nothing that can be done about it, it's just how they're made.
So to be specific, I've read all about Nightforce's manufacturing processes and their designs...their recent ones. I don't know if they've changed in the last few years or not. We're they as repeatable back then as they are now?

NF will warranty it if it isn't tracking properly. You don't need to worry if you got a "good" or "bad" one.

The "old ones" are most definitely rock solid with regard to both glass and construction.

When I started researching .50 cal rifles in the late 90's and early 2000's, almost everyone was using either Leupold MKIV (10x or 16x fixed power) or Nightforce b/c they were the only scopes that could hold up to the punishmnent. That's changed now with more robust scopes with adjustable magnification, but NF was the go-to scope back then.